Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What should I do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For about a year now, I've been completely head-over-heels crazy about this guy I know. I've never been sure how he feels about me-he acts differently around me to his friends, he stares me out sometimes, and he's always really sweet and helpful (but sometimes he can be a huge pain).

Anyway, people have been telling me recently to ask him out to the movies or something, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I'm really shy, he apparently fancies someone already, and I'm not sure that the relationship would work once he moves away for uni.We don't have that much in common either-he goes to parties every weekend, and I'm really introverted. Plus, if he said no, it'd be extremely embarassing as I see him at school and work 6 days a week and I can't really avoid him.

But on the other hand, I'm sure he'd say yes to going to a cafe or something, and he wouldn't laugh in my face or be rude..My friends are no use either. One of them is against him (for reasons I won't go into) and doesn't want me going out with him anyway. One's just like "Do whatever". The others are saying "Follow your heart", which is no help.:banghead:

Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    Don't let the fact that he likes someone else stand in your way (unless of course he is besotted or in a relationship with them). It may be that it just hasn't crossed his mind to think of you in that way, and if you make the first move that might change...
  • Options
    Ask him out for drinks or something after work one day :thumb:
    It can't hurt to try, and if you go and it turns out he doesn't like you, then just say you wanted to go out as friends. Or, you and some other mates and him could go out? It can seem more casual that way. You can arrage for your friends to leave earlier, so it's just you and him.

Good luck with it all anyway!
    Xx