Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mixing tricyclic and SSRI antidepressants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I know I've not been around much recently (forgive me?) but I just wanted to ask some advice.

My depression has been particularly bad recently, and my doctor has identified several Borderline tendencies. She put me on paroxetine ('Seroxat', an SSRI) and the pill to try and limit the effects of PMT (which was making me suicidal, fun times), but this hasn't helped and I'm still self-harming seriously. So last week she prescribed me lofepramine. So including the medication for my PCOS I am taking 6 tablets in the morning and 2 in the evening.

I have been feeling sick ever since I started taking the lofepramine (with lots of water and food) and this morning started being sick just as I was leaving for work.

Has anyone else reacted badly like this? I suppose I'm half looking for sympathy :p According to what I have read in the leaflet it's not unusual to be nauseated in the first few weeks so I'm trying to hang in there.