Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girls, clothes shop question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Of the well known high street shops which is the best in your opinion that has individual changing rooms?

Do communial changing rooms bother you? :blush:

Comments

• Options
    i dont think many places have communal changing rooms now do they? iv not seen one for years.

i like changing rooms with actual doors not stupid curtains that dont fit properly so people can see round the edges :mad: so that rules topshop out. new look ones are usually alright, and H&M. then again i guess it changes from shop to shop. in manchester topshop its crap and the curtain hardly fits the changing room but in the trafford centre one they're fine.x
  • Options
    I prefer them with actual doors too. I haven't seen a communal changing room for years either.
  • Options
    Communial as in big open room with people changing together, like a locker room? Weird. Though that'll save you from running out of the dressing room only to get the same "that looks fine" response from your shopping companion.
  • Options
    I've never seen a communal one.
    The ones with curtains annoy me because the mirrors are always placed so anyone looking through the gap can see your arse. They all need to get bigger curtains.
  • Options
    Yeah, I haven't seen a communal one for a long time.

Tbh I don't even really notice what changing rooms are like these days. Maybe I've turned into one of those mad old women who will just strip anywhere while everyone's thinking :sour:
  • Options
    I hate hate hate changing rooms. I normally just grab the size I think I am and buy it... I have a real thing about changing rooms, I think it's just the thought that someone could open the curtain or something. Ewww no. Don't like them.
    But- It's advisable to use them. I got a pair of lovely skinny jeans the other day, £35, and they are too short and I can't take them back.
    M&S has good changing rooms I think, but they have rubbish clothes. International generally has nice ones, as does H&M.
    Xx
  • Options
    i havent seen a communal changing room for a while. Yes they did used to bother me
  • Options
    i've never seen a communal changing room in a shop.

unless it was empty, i wouldn't get changed in one. i get paranoid enough about people seeing me naked through the gap thats always there in the individual curtain changing rooms!
  • Options
    My local Miss Selfridge has a communal changing room and two cubicles with flimsy curtains. I hate communcal changing rooms so usually end up queueing ages for one of their cubicles.

My local River Island has solid doors with decent locks on them, much better than flimsy curtains with huge gaps. The Jane Norman near me has really large cubicles with really heavy duty curtains so I would say they are the best, but I've been in others where they aren't so good, it varies from place to place tbh no shop is the same!
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    My local Miss Selfridge has a communal changing room and two cubicles with flimsy curtains. I hate communcal changing rooms so usually end up queueing ages for one of their cubicles.
    The old Miss Selfridge in Newcastle had them but I haven't seen one anywhere since that closed about 10 years ago.
  • Options
    River Island changing rooms are good I think. Door that locks at a couple of mirrors at different angles.

Haven't seen communal ones for a long time. Topshop used to have them. I wouldn't mind, when the queues are long I oftern wish there were communal changing rooms! There's been so many times I've considered just trying something on in the middle of a shop. Tbh, most people are going to be too busy worrying about what they look like to bother about what you look like.
  • Options
    Jack Wills ones are the best you can go in his office or his bedroom lol
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote: »
    River Island changing rooms are good I think. Door that locks at a couple of mirrors at different angles.
    Those are the best I've seen anywhere.
  • Options
    Never seen a communal changing room in my life. Although most of the time I can't be arsed with the queues, so just try stuff on behind a clothes rail.

At most shops now, you can just buy stuff, and return for a refund or a different size if you try it on at home and it doesn't fit.