Home Politics & Debate
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

BNP- Changes.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh for fuck sake! I would hope that there would be NO one, of any nationality, willing to join the BNP. HOW can anyone agree with the shit this "political party" comes up with?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8514736.stm

I love the bit where he says that any new members must agree with the Parties views... well yes, Nick, you would think that on joining any political party you would agree with it's views... God, The BNP make me so mad :grump:
Xx

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I fear that the legal eagles, keen to impose their utopian visions of society on everyone else, have shot themselves in the foot on this one. In their enthusiasm to clamp down on the BNP, they've handed them a propaganda victory. How? Allow me to explain.

    It's a well-known fact that the BNP are a bunch of utterly racist cunts. Now, let's say the BNP started accepting black and Asian members, for example. You can bet your bottom dollar that they would very quickly start appearing in party literature. Therefore, those who do not know about the very racist nature of this party could be deceived even further than they are at present. The thinking of "they can't be a racist party, they've got black members" will be too good to resist for some.

    I suggest that the people responsible for bringing this state of affairs are lined up against a wall and pelted with stones by the masses.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I suggest that the people responsible for bringing this state of affairs are lined up against a wall and pelted with stones by the masses.

    :yes:
    Xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    The thinking of "they can't be a racist party, they've got black members" will be too good to resist for some.

    Nick Griffin has already tried to use that line today.

    Of course, look at their aims and they remain the same. Will also be interested to see how the "indigenous" membership (see that, I used a Griffin line there to poke fun at his members) reacts to the new members (assuming anyone is stupid, or brave, enough to join) given the number of criminal convictions for racially motivate violence...

    Would be interesting to have a look at Stormfront's reaction to this too...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    Would be interesting to have a look at Stormfront's reaction to this too...

    pretty tame so far...
    I realize why they have to do this, but it's depressing nevertheless.
    They've chosen to work within the system so they have to go all the way. Its just legal semantics.

    I'd be surprised if this really changed the demographics of the BNP significantly at all.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    The thinking of "they can't be a racist party, they've got black members" will be too good to resist for some.

    Can this be the same stargalaxy as that who, in the Daily Mail thread, argued that the Mail cannot possibly be a racist paper because a lot of Asians read it?

    I think we should be told.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the BNP can be even more successful if they use some of the rhetoric and tactics which are used to defend Islam.

    Allow me to give some examples:


    Firstly, anyone who condemns the BNP should be labelled as a racist, prejudiced, BNPophobe who is trying to spread hatred against members of the BNP (or hatred against whites in general).

    Any member of the BNP who agrees with the manifesto of the BNP should be labelled as a BNP extremist. So Nick Griffin, Richard Barnbrook, Andrew Brons et al are all, funnily enough, BNP extremists.

    Any member of the BNP who for some reason disagrees with, or is genuinely unaware of the unsavoury, bigoted policies of the BNP should be labelled as a moderate BNP supporter.

    If someone like me points to a bigoted policy within the BNP manifesto, then it should be noted that the problem is not the BNP policy, but it is merely my interpretation of the BNP policy which is the problem.

    Any criticism of the BNP should be dismissed as prejudice. Even if the person making the criticism has studied their manifesto and history and then come to their informed conclusion. No. That doesn’t matter. It’s still prejudice.

    And last but not least, the BNP should continually repeat that "the BNP are a peaceful political party". If you repeat something long enough then people eventually start to believe it and it eventually becomes the default, politically correct position that society at large should concur to.

    The BNP are a peaceful political party.
    The BNP are a peaceful political party.
    The BNP are a peaceful political party.

    (is it working?)


    So there you have it. If the BNP take those measures then there'll be no stopping them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If people get their acts together ...get organised about it ...they now have the chance of destroying the BNP.
    Mass membership from black Asian Jewish Arab comunities.
    Death by dilution and not a shot fired.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sanitize wrote: »
    I think the BNP can be even more successful if they use some of the rhetoric and tactics which are used to defend Islam.

    Allow me to give some examples:


    Firstly, anyone who condemns the BNP should be labelled as a racist, prejudiced, BNPophobe who is trying to spread hatred against members of the BNP (or hatred against whites in general).

    Any member of the BNP who agrees with the manifesto of the BNP should be labelled as a BNP extremist. So Nick Griffin, Richard Barnbrook, Andrew Brons et al are all, funnily enough, BNP extremists.

    Any member of the BNP who for some reason disagrees with, or is genuinely unaware of the unsavoury, bigoted policies of the BNP should be labelled as a moderate BNP supporter.

    If someone like me points to a bigoted policy within the BNP manifesto, then it should be noted that the problem is not the BNP policy, but it is merely my interpretation of the BNP policy which is the problem.

    Any criticism of the BNP should be dismissed as prejudice. Even if the person making the criticism has studied their manifesto and history and then come to their informed conclusion. No. That doesn’t matter. It’s still prejudice.

    And last but not least, the BNP should continually repeat that "the BNP are a peaceful political party". If you repeat something long enough then people eventually start to believe it and it eventually becomes the default, politically correct position that society at large should concur to.

    The BNP are a peaceful political party.
    The BNP are a peaceful political party.
    The BNP are a peaceful political party.

    (is it working?)


    So there you have it. If the BNP take those measures then there'll be no stopping them.

    A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

    Lenin
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”


    Joseph Goebbels
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You would hope, that with in this country, there are not enough people to vote for the BNP for them to come into power. Of course, that's not the only threat (in fact, it's not likely enough to be a threat) but the BNP brainwashing so many people into believing their shit is the worst thing of all.
    There are a number of children in my school who are racist, but as soon as you say it to them... "I AM NOT RACIST" "GET OUT MY FACE" "DON'T BE A LIER." all of that shit. THAT is what the BNP do to people. I feel sorry for those people, really sorry. One would hope that, a pon growing up, a lot of people will realise the utter bollocks that Griffin has fed them. Unfortunalty, as soon as one person grows up another will begin to agree with the views of the BNP.
    Xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sanitize wrote: »
    Any member of the BNP who agrees with the manifesto of the BNP should be labelled as a BNP extremist. So Nick Griffin, Richard Barnbrook, Andrew Brons et al are all, funnily enough, BNP extremists.

    Are you suggesting that Muslims are all "extremists"?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that Muslims are all "extremists"?


    if you think the belief system ie the koran + which sect you belong to is extremist, then by logic, you'd think all muslims are....


    i think the BNPs constitution in what their aims and objectives are, is extremist so therefore other than undercover reporters, members are either extremists or extremely thick
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry guys, allow me to clarify my 2nd point about being extremist.

    The problem is that the word “extremist” is being brandished about so much nowadays that we’ve almost forgotten what the word actually means.

    I take the literal definition of the word and I apply the literal definition. The definition of an “extremist” is one who goes to extremes, ie they go beyond the ordinary/norm/rule. In order to determine if something is “extreme” or not, first you need to determine what the ordinary/norm/rule is.

    For example:

    If a fox hunter chases a fox and shoots it, you wouldn’t really call him an “extremist” fox hunter would you?

    However, if a fox hunter chases a fox, shoots it repeatedly, kicks it in the stomach, stamps on its head and throws it off a cliff (sorry for the vulgarity) then I think it would be fair to say that this fox hunter is an extremist fox hunter.


    Now, lemme tie this analogy in with the BNP:

    We all know that the BNP advocates, for instance, the withdrawal of Britain from the European Union and the voluntary resettlement of immigrants to the lands of their ethnic origin (amongst other things).

    If a BNP member agrees with the above policies, then would you say that he’s a BNP “extremist”? Of course not. How can he be a BNP extremist if his views are perfectly in line with the BNPs manifesto?

    By calling him a BNP “extremist”, you’re suggesting that his views are actually to the “extreme” of BNP policy, and thus, this suggests that the BNP policy is actually not as bad as this persons “extreme” views. ie, it’s pulling the wool over peoples eyes.


    Now lemme tie this in with Islam:

    When a pious, practising Muslim like Anjem Choudary advocates the implementation of shariah law, which includes chopping the hands of the thief, stoning adulterers and banning alcohol, then a lot of people will say that he’s a Muslim “extremist” for holding these views and he’s following an “extreme” interpretation of Islam and that Islam is actually an oh-so-peaceful religion.

    My reply to that is.... BULLSHIT.

    From an Islamic perspective, his views aren’t “extreme” at all, because the Quran DOES say that the thief should have his hands chopped off and the Muhammad DID say that adulterers should be stoned to death and he DID say that alcohol should be banned. So Anjem Choudary is only following exactly what his religion teaches. He isn’t taking it to the “extreme” at all.


    I hope that all made sense. Sorry for the rather long reply. I know I really throw a spanner in the works when it comes to any Islam related discussions, and I know that some of you think that this is a dangerous thing to do, but I think it’s far more dangerous to not confront and acknowledge this problem, because it will only fester. We need to discuss the nitty gritty.

    MoK wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that Muslims are all "extremists"?
    On the contrary, there are actually very few Muslim “extremists” in the world.

    The vast majority of Muslims are either non-practising, semi-practising, or they’re simply ignorant/unaware of the religion that they were born into, or they’re practically on the verge of apostasy. These kinda Muslims are generally known as the "moderate" Muslims, but I prefer to call them the non-practising Muslims.

    The rest are the practising Muslims who actually aspire to practise their religion and implement their religion within society.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry but that's ridiculous. You're not considered an extremist based on how extreme your views are in relation to the philosophy you're following. You're considered an extremist based on how your views are in relation to society as a whole.

    A literal interpretation of any of the three Abrahamic religious texts would be extremist by definition. The vast majority of religious people in the West don't have a literal interpretation, so aren't extremists. Whether you call them moderates, liberal or "non-practising" religious people makes no difference. But obviously some philosophies lend themselves to extremism more easily than others.

    And just like religions, political parties have a spectrum of people from the most extreme to the least. And unlike religion, the policy of something like the BNP isn't necessarily a measure of how extreme the most extreme people are (generally you can measure extremism in religion by how literally they interpret the text). Political manifestos are inevitably trying to appeal to more people, which means they never really represent the most extreme views of their members. We all know there are people in the Tory party who would happily ban abortion, for example. They have an extremist position on that issue that doesn't make it into the manifesto, but does make it into their voting habits.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anyone seen Charlie Brooker this week: "The BNP have decided to let wankers of all colours in"
    Xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry but that's ridiculous. You're not considered an extremist based on how extreme your views are in relation to the philosophy you're following. You're considered an extremist based on how your views are in relation to society as a whole.
    I disagree with your definition of extremist because society as a whole is a very broad yardstick to determine whether something is extreme or not.

    The word “extreme” is an adjective. You can’t just be an “extremist”... you have to be an “extremist something”.

    I actually consider this word to be a bit of a neologism. I don’t recall ever hearing this word 10 years ago.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The first Asian man who could potentially join the BNP is Rajinder Singh... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8516677.stm

    He says:

    "The only reason (for not joining the BNP) will be that I don't have the guts to stand up for my beliefs,"

    "I do like to support them for their policies, as they want to save this country."

    "Once they have saved it for themselves it will be safe for me too."



    ^ Ok he's very naive if he believes that last bit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sanitize wrote: »
    The first Asian man who could potentially join the BNP is Rajinder Singh...
    He sounds very much like a turkey voting for Christmas.
Sign In or Register to comment.