Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex drive = gone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is quite hard to explain, but I will try to include as much information as I can.

I am 25 and married.

When I first met my now wife, we had a great sex life. anywhere and everywhere, I would even drive to her place at 3am (not just for sex).

things seemed fine, until we moved in together, (we also worked together) our sex life started to drop off, I started wanting less and less sex now 4 years down the track we might have sex once a month, if at all.

When it started, I just simply wasn't very horny despite finding her attractive, but now I get a really uneasy feeling in my stomach, sort of claustrophobic, when even the idea of sex even comes up.

it has nothing to do with fear of STD (we are both clean) or her getting pregnant, because she is, and its great!

I do have quite a stressful life, and quite a lot of recent grief, but I am reluctant to think that is the issue as this all started before that.

the only thing I can think of that might have been making me feel this way was some of my previous girlfriends, as I did not have a very good run before my wife.

The ones I thing might have something to do with it are:

I had a 2 year sexless relationship because she wasn't ready, I waited, when we did have sex she left me for my best friend.

Next!

the next 2 relationships were purely based on sex, and they were both obsessed with me, and I was often guilted into sex.

one of them then tried to trick me into thinking she was pregnant to stick around after I realised I was being used.

Again, not sure if they have anything to do with my problem, but I am out of ideas.

Recently went to the doctors for a check up, everything is fine, testosterone levels everything (had the works).

Any help would be much appreciated, or even any ideas of how to move past this, as it is really starting to take a toll on our relationship.