Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dealing with cuts *might be triggering*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Whilst I can't really help you; the bandage would at least keep it free from germs.

I once cut on a joint and it took ages to heal; because it kept opening and bleeding.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Whilst I can't really help you; the bandage would at least keep it free from germs.

I once cut on a joint and it took ages to heal; because it kept opening and bleeding.

that's what im thinking but i know sometimes with cuts you should let the air get to it :confused: confusing
  • Options
    I've done something like this before, I did put something on it and it did heal over time. Although once it bad stopped bleeding every other time I moved my arm I took it off. And it was ok, it is confusing because you never know if it needs air to get to it. :/ but I would bandge it up just now at least to take your mind off It bleeding. Hope your ok :)
  • Options
    You could try using steri-strips on it. These are quite useful for when a cut sort of needs stithes but you an't be bothered going to get them.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    You could try using steri-strips on it. These are quite useful for when a cut sort of needs stithes but you an't be bothered going to get them.

i think i saw these in the pharmacy today, but they dont cover it up completely? maybe i could do that then put a bandage on over the top just for when im around people.

thanks rg and and not, i'm going to pick some up tomorrow. edit: just googled steri strip to double check and this is what would definitely help. thanks