Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blocking on Facebook

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's your blocking experience on Facebook?

Random friends who post stupid stuff and giving real life friends/family members the zap!

Comments

• Options
    What's the point in blocking members? FB lets you choose who your buddies are. You can either accept or deny the buddy request, then only have your page visable to your buddy list. This should be in Net & Tech coz it's net-related :-)
  • Options
    Thing is some people have friends on Facebook who later prove not trustworthy
  • Options
    So remove them as friends. If you setting is that only friends can comment or read your shit then that's the problem solved?
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    What's the point in blocking members? FB lets you choose who your buddies are. You can either accept or deny the buddy request, then only have your page visable to your buddy list. This should be in Net & Tech coz it's net-related :-)

You can block people additionally to this so that they can't see if you they do a search for you and stuff.

I don't know whether it can stop them logging out and searching you though.
  • Options
    I chose not to befriend people I know in real life, because I don't like them much (I generally only have real friends or aquantances, or at least people I know and at least like in FB), but I blocked three people. Two of them being all emo, borderline, woe is me shit and then comes a legion of asskissers to brown-nose them (at least one, she is an attractive female). The third is a friend of my circle I don't like much. I guess the notion is reciprocated so I don't feel like reading her stuff.
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    Thing is some people have friends on Facebook who later prove not trustworthy

The same happened 20 years ago in the school playgrounds. People who were 'friends' later turned out to be foes. For me, FB is a tool for family and old classmates, kinda like a glorified version of 'Friends Reunited'. Just don't let on randoms! The same applies to MSN Messenger :-)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    ..............but I blocked three people. Two of them being all emo, borderline, woe is me shit and then comes a legion of asskissers to brown-nose them (at least one, she is an attractive female). The third is a friend of my circle I don't like much..........

You used your bullets well
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    So remove them as friends. If you setting is that only friends can comment or read your shit then that's the problem solved?

:yes: My settings are so only that friends can read what I've posted.

I have deleted people I don't get on with any more. One decided it was a good idea to slag me off on Facebook. She forgot to hide her status from me.

Whilst my name wasn't mentioned; it was obvious it was about me.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »

I have deleted people I don't get on with any more. One decided it was a good idea to slag me off on Facebook. She forgot to hide her status from me.

Whilst my name wasn't mentioned; it was obvious it was about me.
    People find it easier to be bad to someone else through the screen. Saying things they wouldn't to the person face to face

Such double faced idiots :(
  • Options
    fbook

:wave: hiyaa xx

im ok with facebook although im 13 and get cyber bullied by ppl i dont no because any1 can see my pics on my profile and all my info on it.

but ive never been blocked or reported abuse although i got called ugly losr tranp trash girl etc... there just the nicer ones they say worster things about my skin colour and the way i look.

but i ignore dem same on msn i add random ppl and get cyber bullied i give my e-mail addy yo complete strangers dat i met online.

ok bye take care xx
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    People find it easier to be bad to someone else through the screen. Saying things they wouldn't to the person face to face

Such double faced idiots :(

I agree. I will admit that I said something that wasn't too nice about this person. But instead of allowing her to see it, I set it so that only certain people could see it.

A friend of mine saw it, said he hoped it wasn't about him and that if it wasn't, (it wasn't) then he hoped the person couldn't see it.
  • Options
    hollyboo20 wrote: »
    :wave: hiyaa xx

im ok with facebook although im 13 and get cyber bullied by ppl i dont no because any1 can see my pics on my profile and all my info on it.

but ive never been blocked or reported abuse although i got called ugly losr tranp trash girl etc... there just the nicer ones they say worster things about my skin colour and the way i look.

but i ignore dem same on msn i add random ppl and get cyber bullied i give my e-mail addy yo complete strangers dat i met online.

ok bye take care xx

You're a girl of steel
  • Options
    I have blocked one person. They added me for no apparent reason and given our er, previous history, I decided I would rather that didn't happen again.

I have also recently gone on a mass-deletion spree of people who I used to go to school with that added me because of that but probably couldn't remember me if they tried.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

I have also recently gone on a mass-deletion spree of people............
    Believe most people do........once you've got enough friends decide to streamline and keep important friends only
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I have also recently gone on a mass-deletion spree of people who I used to go to school with that added me because of that but probably couldn't remember me if they tried.

haha I can agree there, for some reason quite a few people I "knew" but never got on with from HS added me to FB