Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how do i get over this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, i've made several posts about my situation. i know i've been whining about it. now..how do i stop caring, stop obsessing? i am being played, i know it, and yet i still care, and i am depressed today because he never answers my calls, and he's called out sick most of the week, so i have not had an opportunity to talk to him and tell him why i need to end this, even though i don't want to. why am i behaving like a lovesick teenager? i disgust myself, yet i can't seem to stop wanting to spend time with him. what the hell is wrong with me?

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I don't have any magical answers I'm afraid, and I've been off these boards for a long time so I don't know any details you might have mentioned in other posts. But I just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with you and that what you describe has happened and will happen to thousands of others. Ending a relationship is one of the hardest things to do and all I can say is that everything eventually gets better with time. Good luck.
  • Options
    I remember your story. You recognised that this relationship couldn't last, but I do understand why you are hurting. I can't offer any useful advice as to how to stop obsessing, but there is nothing unusual about the way you feel. Perhaps diverting your energies into filling the void in your life might help.
  • Options
    I remember your story. You recognised that this relationship couldn't last, but I do understand why you are hurting. I can't offer any useful advice as to how to stop obsessing, but there is nothing unusual about the way you feel. Perhaps diverting your energies into filling the void in your life might help.

knowing what you have to do and doing it are so different. i need to be the one to end this, or i will never have closure, but thinking about doing it is driving me crazy, i don't want to, but i have to.
    i know time will heal, but it will be hard.