Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A new low for the Daily Mail

if that was ever possible.

Here's their chief cartoonist's take on multiculturalism...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250059/Mac--multicultural-UK.html?ITO=1490

Someone once said it'd be better to have newspapers and no government than government and no newspapers. As far as the printed press in Britain goes, I think I'd sooner have the latter.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't even get the cartoon.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    I don't even get the cartoon.

First darky and whitey, then gays, soon animals?
  • Options
    Fucking daily fucking mail! Scum. Complete scum.
    Xx
  • Options
    Fucking hell, that makes me feel physically sick.

Are they comparing me with a farmyard animal?
  • Options
    That seems to be the suggestion, yes.

How long before a 'Hurrah for the BNP!' front page?

Despicable cunts.
  • Options
    I wonder what that makes my children, then. Their dad is white, I'm not, so I'm guessing they are some grotesque animal/human hybrid.

Who do I complain to, the PCC?
  • Options
    You know what makes it worse, somewhere there is some fat, white, racist wanker reading that newspaper whos loving that image.
    That makes me sick. HOW can people think it is justifiable? HOW?
    Xx
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    I wonder what that makes my children, then. Their dad is white, I'm not, so I'm guessing they are some grotesque animal/human hybrid.

Yes, I guess so. I shall do so as well.
  • Options
    You know what makes it worse, somewhere there is some fat, white, racist wanker reading that newspaper whos loving that image.
    That makes me sick. HOW can people think it is justifiable? HOW?
    Xx
    There are some truly unpleasant people in this world. Some newspapers appear to collect such people to far greater degree than others. The Daily Hate is a magnet for such scum.

That's why it's so pathetically funny that the rag attempts to portray itself as the voice of 'decent' people.
  • Options
    I dont understand how on any level that cartoon is even remotely funny. Even if you take away the racism and it wasn't so offensive. Ridiculous
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »

Why bother? The chair of the PCC is a chap by the name of Paul Dacre.

His other job is editor of.... well, see if you can guess which paper :banghead:
  • Options
    I dunno, I don't think they're ever going to top supporting Hitler tbh.
  • Options
    They've not even had a front page on Haiti yet.
  • Options
    Another reason for hating the Fail.

www.mailwatch.co.uk
  • Options
    I'm convinced Aladdin has got some sort of sexual fetish for the Mail newspapers. I have horrible visions that he enjoys being spanked by whips made out of old issues of the Daily Mail. Quite an unedifying thought, I must admit. :p

Still, if you're all enjoying collectively wanking each other off into a state of utter fury about an unfunny cartoon in the Daily Mail, that's your business. Just don't expect anyone to take it seriously.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Still, if you're all enjoying collectively wanking each other off into a state of utter fury about an unfunny cartoon in the Daily Mail, that's your business. Just don't expect anyone to take it seriously.

Do you not think the cartoon has significance other than being unfunny?
  • Options
    I'm convinced Aladdin has got some sort of sexual fetish for the Mail newspapers. I have horrible visions that he enjoys being spanked by whips made out of old issues of the Daily Mail. Quite an unedifying thought, I must admit. :p

Yeah yeah, that's what it is, we're looking to take offence, when in fact, the most serious crime it's committed is against comedy. :rolleyes:

Seriously, can you not see why people might find that completely abhorrent? In a newspaper that claims to be respectable and to represent the people of Britain?

If it were a cartoon taken from a BNP newsletter than that would be one thing. But I thought the Daily Mail wanted to deny the fact that it's a nasty bigoted rag.
  • Options
    Just don't expect anyone to take it seriously.

And that, SG, is the problem.

It why we end up with the politicians we have, it's why the BNP are able to make electoral gains, it's why we end up in a financial meltdown.

No one takes anything seriously, right up until it smacks them in the face. Then they want to know why others didn't act when they could have.

Mark my words, the next race riot will see you blaming Gordon Brown and Tony Blair at some point...
  • Options
    Alright, let's shoot these claims down one by one...

The cartoon has no significance whatsover. It's simply a case of the cartoonist taking a different angle on a story. It's what they're paid to do. The Welsh have had to put up with relentless sheep-shagging jokes for years, yet I don't see Aladdin posting up millions of threads in outrage about that.

Next, to those who think the Daily Mail is an appallingly racist newspaper, how come it's the most read daily newspaper amongst Indian, Pakistani and several other Asian-British people in this country? Are all these people filled with hatred of themselves or are you just talking total horseshit? And what about the DM's campaign to get justice for Stephen Lawrence, which could have ended up destroying the newspaper forever if it had gone the wrong way?

As for race riots, I'm still waiting for the "summer of rage" that was promised by the Met last summer.
  • Options
    From what I could make out SG it is stating that Coloureds or Minorities are no better than Animals, do you not see this?
  • Options

The cartoon has no significance whatsover. It's simply a case of the cartoonist taking a different angle on a story. It's what they're paid to do.

It's comparing multiculturalism to marrying a fucking sheep. I'll break that down for you:

MULTICULTURALISM IS EQUAL TO BESTIALITY.

And frankly the sheep could do better. The scruffy cunt hasn't shaved and is wearing trainers.
  • Options
    The scruffy cunt hasn't shaved and is wearing trainers.

Maybe he's Welsh ;)

*runs out of the P&D forum*
  • Options
    I'm actually speechless.

This cartoon is clearly comparing interracial relationships to bestiality, and suggesting that people of different races/ethnicities/cultures to the British culture are equivalent to animals.

If you can't see that, you're either very dim, or being fucking obtuse because it suits your own right wing agenda.

As a British Asian who has had two children with a white British man, I take that cartoon very, very personally. I'm massively insulted by it, and I'm insulted by you, stargalaxy, for suggesting that the problem here is with me, not the piece of shit cartoonist who drew it and the vile filth newspaper that published it.
  • Options
    Next, to those who think the Daily Mail is an appallingly racist newspaper, how come it's the most read daily newspaper amongst Indian, Pakistani and several other Asian-British people in this country?

http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/tag/immigration/

http://enemiesofreason.blogspot.com/2009/12/positive-immigration-story.html

Those are a start but there's plenty of analysis on the internet about Daily Mail stories relating to negative and positive stereotypes of immigration and, at the moment, muslims.

I don't know what is worse, people who see something but do nothing, or those who cannot see the blindingly obvious.
  • Options
    I read the Daily Mail as much as I read The Guardian, Times, Telegraph and Independent (I don't really read any other UK newspaper).

I read news from various sources, then I let all of this information swirl around in my head, and then I use my own brain to come to my own conclusions.

I do acknowledge that there are uninquisitive, gullible, sheep-like individuals out there who form their opinion of the world based on the newspapers they read, but I can assure you I'm not one of them.

The Daily Mail, like any other newspaper, consists of articles that I agree with, articles that I disagree with, and some of which I'm indifferent to.

I don't particularly like the "oh-don't-read-that-it's-from-the-Daily-Mail!" attitude that some people have.
  • Options
    It's a cartoon. It was a poor attempt at humour.

Personally I can't see the Notting Hill set rising in revolt just yet.
  • Options
    sanitize wrote: »
    I don't particularly like the "oh-don't-read-that-it's-from-the-Daily-Mail!" attitude that some people have.

I have that attitude when it comes to any subject where the Daily Mail has a proven record of lying in order to fit a particular agenda. So that would be immigration, political correctness, health and science, taxation, asylum seekers, education, terrorism, religion, crime and social disorder, the EU, health and safety........but I'll be happy to read a story about how the first bird you see on Valentine's day can predict the job of the person you're going to marry (unless you're gay, obviously).

For anyone who fancies a bit of a laugh, there's a website here keeping a record of the Daily Mail's ongoing attempts to categorise every substance on the planet into things that cause cancer and things that prevent it (sometimes both at the same time).
  • Options
    Regarding this cartoon, at first I thought that the line was spoken by the sheep, ie the cartoonist is trying to suggest that people who vote Labour are sheep.

But if the line is being spoken by the man (which it most probably is) then it's obviously implying that people who support multi-culturalism may as well marry sheeps and animals.

Meh, I demand an explanation from the cartoonist....
  • Options
    I have that attitude when it comes to any subject where the Daily Mail has a proven record of lying in order to fit a particular agenda. So that would be immigration, political correctness, health and science, taxation, asylum seekers, education, terrorism, religion, crime and social disorder, the EU, health and safety........but I'll be happy to read a story about how the first bird you see on Valentine's day can predict the job of the person you're going to marry (unless you're gay, obviously).
    I'm not concerned with any proven record of lying. I haven't been reading the Daily Mail long enough to be bothered about that. Besides, newspaper editors and agendas change all the time.

I'm only concerned about whether the article that I happen to be reading at the time consists of any lies or inaccuracies or sensationalisms.
  • Options

The cartoon has no significance whatsover. It's simply a case of the cartoonist taking a different angle on a story. It's what they're paid to do. The Welsh have had to put up with relentless sheep-shagging jokes for years, yet I don't see Aladdin posting up millions of threads in outrage about that.

Next, to those who think the Daily Mail is an appallingly racist newspaper, how come it's the most read daily newspaper amongst Indian, Pakistani and several other Asian-British people in this country? Are all these people filled with hatred of themselves or are you just talking total horseshit? And what about the DM's campaign to get justice for Stephen Lawrence, which could have ended up destroying the newspaper forever if it had gone the wrong way?

As for race riots, I'm still waiting for the "summer of rage" that was promised by the Met last summer.
    Jesus fucking wept...