Home Home, Law & Money
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Getting tax back from my work placement year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru

During my third year i was on a full time work placement which ended July 09 and ive just been speaking to a couple of other mates who were on placement at the same time and they've managed to get some tax back from that placement year.

Just wondered is it too late to try and do this? And how would i go about doing this?

Cheers :)


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can claim tax back from years ago. Although I am not sure what claim you would have against your placement.

    If you worked less than 12 months, you maybe able to claim - as you tax would have been taken as if you were working normally, i.e 12 months in the year.

    Call into the tax office and get them to check it out.
Sign In or Register to comment.