Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been having sex with my new boyfriend since 17th January until yesterday. We have had sex over ten times. I'm not on The Pill and we didn't use a condom. We have both been tested for STIs though. I should of had a period about a week ago but I haven't. Could I be pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    Yes there is a chance you could be if you havent been using anything. Take a pregnancy test asap to be sure
  • Options
    How do I get one?
  • Options
    There are a number of places where you can get a pregnancy test for free including your GP or a sexual health clinic etc http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/familyandfriends/pregnancyandparenthood/pregnancytesting

The quickest and esiest way might be to go and buy a home pregnancy test, they are cheap in shops like Superdrug and Wilkinsons etc.
  • Options
    How much are the ones from Superdrug and do you have to be 18 to buy one?
  • Options
    You can get them from poundland. £1, obviously! And no age restriction.
  • Options
    Are they reliable from Poundland though?
  • Options
    just see your GP.
  • Options
    I haven't been the doctors in ages; I don't even know who he is and I don't want it all down on record, I'm 17, so my parents could find out.
  • Options
    Yes, they are just as reliable from poundland. It's exactly the same thing doing the work, it's just packaged in a less fancy manner.
  • Options
    Your parents won't find out if you go to your GP as that violates patient confidentiality.

If you don't know who your GP is, you could go to an NHS walk in centre, if there is one near you. Check the NHS website http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearch.aspx
  • Options
    I mght go to an NHS centre or The Brooke. But it's only been 3 weeks. Should I leave it for a bit?
  • Options
    NO. Don't leave it. It will only pray on your mind and make you more worried. You need to be sure in order to make any decisions about your future ... and, for goodness sake, if you aren't pregnant, ask the doctor about the contraceptive choices available to you. There is much more choice available today than when I was your age. You are above the legal age of consent so there is no reason for your parents to know. The doctor wont tell them.
  • Options
    Okay thanks. Will do.
  • Options
    Agree. Don't leave it, you're passed your expected period date so you should find out as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Okay thanks :) x
  • Options
    Does anyone know how likely it is to get pregnant if you are in the middle of your cycle? For example, I came on on 31st Dec and had sex on the 17th Jan onwards..
  • Options
    Well, it's not the most likely time, but it's not the least. Can't really be more precise than that I'm afraid.
    I recommend not basing any possible actions (like a trip to Wilko's for a testing kit or a trip to the docs) on the fact you were half way through the cycle though.
  • Options
    So I should definatley get a test soon?
    Is it late enough for it to be accurate though?
  • Options
    If your period is a week late, any test should be accurate. The poundland ones are actually early tests, meaning you can use them before your period is even due (about 12+ days after unprotected sex). And yes they are every bit as good as more expensive tests.
  • Options
    I'll be off to get a Poundland one tonight then probably :)