Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Champix the wonder drug?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all.

I have been attending stop smoking sessions for 3 weeks and the nicoteine replacement isn't working as well as i would have hoped.

They gave me a prescription for Champix which i collected today.

Basically, Champix is a tablet and when taken it coats the nicoteine receptors in the brain so that you do not crave it any more.

This is a great drug but still needs will power as a lot of giving up smoking is giving up the habit of holding a cigarette etc.

I took my first tablet today and apparently at some point within the next 2 weeks i will not crave nocoteine any more.

I will let you know how it goes and how i get on!

incase you hadnt noticed, i'm not certain of the correct spelling of nicoteine so i spelled it like that and hoped for the best.

D

Comments

• Options
    You get 12 weeks worth of champix for the price of 1 prescription (£7.20) if you go to a stop smoking class thingy.

Thanks for wishing me luck. ive cut down to 5 a day over the last 3 months in preparation so shouldnt be too difficult!
  • Options
    It worked for me, in the short term. I would recommend it to anyone when it comes to quitting. Best system for quitting ever IMHO.

What it fails to do though, in the long term, is stop you starting again! Fucksocks.
  • Options
    well i have the choice between food or smokes so i doubt i will start again in a hurry!
  • Options
    Famous last words.

Stress was my weakness. It's when I always looked to nicotine.

What you have to do is change some habits or develop news ones because it's easy to get back into a routine...