Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

It's a....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kaff wrote: »
    :yes:

I had girl names coming out of my ears, but couldn't think of a single boy name that I loved! Maybe that was a sign?

Possibly, we were much the same. We had essentially one boy name. Niamh was lucky she came out a girl.
  • Options
    Do you remember when we went shopping in the April before you had Niamh and you were insistent that Niamh wouldn't have "little person" clothes but would be in babygros etc for ages? Well I giggled when I saw all her beautiful little dresses in all of your photos :D

Two reasons for this though.

One is because loads of people bought clothes for her.
    The other is because she's so tall and grows out of the baby grows real quick.
  • Options
    oh I know, I just smiled to myself that's all ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Do you remember when we went shopping in the April before you had Niamh and you were insistent that Niamh wouldn't have "little person" clothes but would be in babygros etc for ages? Well I giggled when I saw all her beautiful little dresses in all of your photos :D

And she was in babygros for ages! She spent the first 10 weeks of her life in babygros. We put her in dresses mainly when we were visiting the in laws or similar. Babygros were ace. And there are zillions to choose from. Now, she wears proper clothes. But no trampy clothes. And there are many baby trampy clothes.
  • Options
    I only saw the photos of the dresses ;-) and she is beautiful and has lovely clothes :heart:
  • Options
    I've got the name Carey in my head for a girl after the actress Carey Mulligan but I'd be worried it would make everyone think she was named after Mariah Carey.
  • Options
    There are lots of nice pink things too.

There are! I don't want to be one of those militant feminist mums who won't let her have anything pink at all. Just nice pink! IMO, of course.

Nice pink!

Not nice pink!
  • Options
    There are! I don't want to be one of those militant feminist mums who won't let her have anything pink at all. Just nice pink! IMO, of course.

Nice pink!

Not nice pink!

I totally agree with this buuuuut its so hard to describe why one is ok and the other isn't in words - if you see what i mean. I might by the mothercare one.

Also do i have the only baby in the world who hates babygro's they totally didn't fit her at all and were really hard to get her into as she wriggled so much and would get herself tangled all up in it - i found the large t-shirt things the best like these
  • Options
    awwwh! Congratulations! :heart:

This really doesn't help my broody hormones
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Also do i have the only baby in the world who hates babygro's they totally didn't fit her at all

no you don't, don't worry! when my brother was born he was so big he didn't fit in the clothes that had been bought for him. At new born he was in 3-6 month clothes... and now he's the tallest lankiest guy ever!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I totally agree with this buuuuut its so hard to describe why one is ok and the other isn't in words - if you see what i mean. I might by the mothercare one.

Also do i have the only baby in the world who hates babygro's they totally didn't fit her at all and were really hard to get her into as she wriggled so much and would get herself tangled all up in it - i found the large t-shirt things the best like these

Nope, you're not. Niamh is tall and has really long legs. She has outgrown the 6-9 month sleepsuits already. They are baggy up top but her legs are constricted.

The other recommendation I have, kaff, is grobags. They are simply the best invention ever. Niamh tends to kick things off her so when she kicked the blankets off her legs, she got cold so would wake up grumpy. She sleeps so much better in the grobags because she can kick in her sleep but still stay warm! Better night sleep for all :D
  • Options
    ohh i was going to add that the Mothercare ones are much better than the grobag ones though less stylish but easier to get a baby in and out of especially for middle of the night nappy changes.
  • Options

Nice pink!

Not nice pink!
    I see what you mean. I much prefer bright pinks to baby ones too.