Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Post a photo of yourself

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    what the heck is up with you? facebook chat or MSN down?

putting what I'm thinking in to words as usual stubs, lol
  • Options
    really not the way to integrate onto the board tbh
  • Options
    :yes:

i love your hair too! jealous!!!!!

thank you both :)
  • Options
    back on the thread topic:
    Becuase I'm too cool for school and finally, after about 2 or 3 months of it being released, I see myself on tv and nearly jizz with exictedment
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Becuase I'm too cool for school and finally, after about 2 or 3 months of it being released, I see myself on tv and nearly jizz with exictedment

Is that really you?! What are you on?
  • Options
    really not the way to integrate onto the board tbh

Posting is not the way to integrate onto the forum?

I'd contend that complaining about a non-issue is not a way to welcome people who are obviously increasing the productivity of your forum to the forum.

The Chief believes this land has very strange customs.
  • Options
    But constantly replying back and forth to each other in quick succession is making people feel a bit funny about contributing any more.
  • Options
    what the fuck is with all the "the chief believes" or talking about yourself in the third person.
    Its not the posting thats a problem, its the acting cliquey like a group within another group. its just weird.

Theres also no real need to increase the productivity of the forum. This is one of the most active forums ive ever come across, and is well established and has been for some time.

Youre all acting weird - ITS weird, like youre trying to change the dynamic of the group.
  • Options
    Again, see my post in the petition thread.

And really, we didn't reply back-and-forth all that much and the little bit that was there was pertinent to the picture-posting. ie: Relevant to the thread, itself.

And perhaps it's one of the most active forums that you have come across, but it's only about average activity. Bear in mind that the owners of forums like these earn more money with more activity.

It seems to me that you are the ones acting cliquey with comments like "This is a well established placed and you're trying to change the existing dynamic of it!" By even claiming there's a dynamic, you imply that there is already a clique.

As for the third person, the Chief likes to talk in the third person. <3
  • Options
    Again, see my post in the petition thread.

And really, we didn't reply back-and-forth all that much and the little bit that was there was pertinent to the picture-posting. ie: Relevant to the thread, itself.

And perhaps it's one of the most active forums that you have come across, but it's only about average activity. Bear in mind that the owners of forums like these earn more money with more activity.

It seems to me that you are the ones acting cliquey with comments like "This is a well established placed and you're trying to change the existing dynamic of it!" By even claiming there's a dynamic, you imply that there is already a clique.

As for the third person, the Chief likes to talk in the third person. <3

The owners of these forums dont make more money. It is run and supported by a charity.
  • Options
    fine, go for it all you like, but im just warning you that youre already starting to alienate yourselves.
  • Options
    And all I'm saying is that it seems that you are the only ones alienating us. As it stands, the members of the group in question have posted constructive advice, peacefully debated in the politics forum, followed all of the rules, generated quite a bit of activity, posted at least one thread contributing to the community, et cetera.

Yet it seems because we are friendly with one another, that means we can't be friendly with anyone else?
  • Options
    im just telling you how youre coming across ffs.
    Why are you arguing with everyone whos telling you that.

You can post how you want. You wont get banned for it. Im just saying if you want to integrate properly, then youre going about it wrong. Im giving you advice.
    I dont dislike you and i dont dislike having new members, but it seems im not the only one who thinks its a bit weird, so you can either take that advice or not, but it doesnt say much about your respect for the existing members
  • Options
    I dont think people are saying that at all.

Firstly the main aim of this UK based forum is primarily for advice and people to ask questions that they might not be able to feel comfortable enough to ask friends or people they know in person. Sometimes it is nice to get away and be able to chat about your problems to people you dont know.

I think the main issue here is that there are a couple of threads where your "clan" have posted in rapid succession after one another and to me it does seem a bit odd, mainly because you talk about your clan and a bit of a story behind it. What you have done is not wrong in itself, but for people who come here and find something they don't understand they will naturally be confused.

If people have not read your introduction thread they may well be a little confused at to what is going on in some places. If they have, then whilst some (not all) may find it a little odd, others probly will understand that you are here to contribute and have a laugh.

You have not broken any rules, but imagine going to someone else's house and walking in the front door and having your own little house party? I may well have come into this website and done exactly the same you have, except if I felt I was annoying people (even if i didnt think it was my fault) I would at least make an effort to try and avoid the conflict, after all I would be the new person and I wouldnt then go around telling everyone why they (who were here before you) are wrong and I was in the right.

You have to understand that for some people this is quite a serious place for those who seek genuine advice, for some it is a little more lighthearted. People on both sides (clan and non clan) need to chill out a bit. But at the end of it the fun and exciting part of rapid posting as part of a clan is not what this place is about, it is about being part of a community, not just a clan within it.

I think half the issue is not the way you are acting, it is the way you are reacting when people have found you annoying (rightly or wrongly)
  • Options
    And I'm simply pleading our case. Why are you getting angry about that? It seems to me that you're making a mountain out of a molehill. It's not like you guys don't talk amongst yourselves either. This very thread is attestation to that. Just look at the page of discussion in this thread where we started posting, before Jessi's first post.

G-Raffe, I understand where you're coming from. But at the same time, I don't think anyone will get confused. When you pass people talking about things walking down the street, do you stop and demand that they tell you what they're talking about? Of course. You realize that people talk amongst themselves just as you guys do in threads like this and move on with your life. So, I don't see how potentially new comers would react any differently.

I really and truly understand where you're coming from, but it seems to me that there's more honing on us because we're new than because of any particular thing that we've done. As I've shown above, there was personalized discussion long before we even registered. And all I'm saying is that people know each other and it's to be expected that they will say things to each other that affirm that. Once again, I am perfectly willing to have the same camaraderie with you all that I do with the Clan (which, honestly, was just a goofy way for us to have fun and really we don't intend to act like a pack.)
  • Options
    jay, no one has a problem with you and your group, what is being said is a lot of what you and your group post can and should be said in private. That is all

I personally find your little crew amusing, whether you guys are serious or trolls that remains to be seen,
  • Options
    If you'd like to confirm if I'm a troll or not, you can google "Ripplemagne", which is the moniker I typically use when posting on forums.
  • Options
    If you'd like to confirm if I'm a troll or not, you can google "Ripplemagne", which is the moniker I typically use when posting on forums.

Not that fussed tbh.. but you can post on other forums and still be a troll elsewhere.
  • Options
    i dont think anyones trolling here tbh. I just think its all a bit insensitive and not showing good manners
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    jay, no one has a problem with you and your group, what is being said is a lot of what you and your group post can and should be said in private. That is all

^ This
  • Options
    when i first read it last night (albeit very drunk :D) i thought it was trolls at first, like those weird ones who sign up with loads of different accounts and have conversations with each other. now i just think its all a bit strange.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't see any bad manners here. I've seen lots of people going on one-to-one conversations (or one-to-two etc) that go on for quite a while. The rules don't apply differently to them because they're newbies.
  • Options
    Thank you, Indrid Cold.

On a side note, I just watched the Mothman Prophecies the other day and was looking for a reason to be like "Oh, hey! I get the reference of your name!" Haha.
  • Options
    I don't see any bad manners here. I've seen lots of people going on one-to-one conversations (or one-to-two etc) that go on for quite a while. The rules don't apply differently to them because they're newbies.

And I did apologize for that. It's not like you guys don't sometimes go off on a tangent for three or four posts yourselves though. It's just not appreciated with us because you don't know us and some of you have admitted that you are uncomfortable when we act friendly with one another. The best way to fix that is to just jump in and get friendly with us, too. We don't bite (much). :)

I still don't get why people are calling us "strange", though. Do you never have people become close friends with one another here?
  • Options
    Thank you, Indrid Cold.

On a side note, I just watched the Mothman Prophecies the other day and was looking for a reason to be like "Oh, hey! I get the reference of your name!" Haha.
    You're welcome. :)
    But you won't really get the reference of my name unless you read the book by the same title or read about the happenings in that region elsewhere. The film was just a story based on that, while it's something that (supposedly) happened for real. ;)
  • Options
    I'm a bit of a nerd. After watching the movie, I spent the next few hours diligently researching Indrid Cold. XD
  • Options
    Apperantly I'm the minority but I find this a relief compared to the one on one/group private message deserving sex fest that most threads in this place turn into.

ETA, spoke too soon!
  • Options
    I'm a bit of a nerd. After watching the movie, I spent the next few hours diligently researching Indrid Cold. XD
    :thumb:
  • Options
    And I did apologize for that. It's not like you guys don't sometimes go off on a tangent for three or four posts yourselves though. It's just not appreciated with us because you don't know us and some of you have admitted that you are uncomfortable when we act friendly with one another. The best way to fix that is to just jump in and get friendly with us, too. We don't bite (much). :)

I still don't get why people are calling us "strange", though. Do you never have people become close friends with one another here?

I wouldn't say that its because your close friends that we thought you were strange, I think the way you all moved over as one and the way it was done was different. Many people have met people on here and ate close to them, some are married, some even have kids through people they met on this website.

Personally I find your approach to the forum strange, but in a good way, its refreshing and great to have some characters like you, also you've all generally jumped in and contributed a lot in a short time, due to the nature of the forum, that is quite rare in my experience
  • Options
    Dudes, even if you are trolls, you're trolls who can construct a sentence, which makes a refreshing change from the latest influx, even if I generally haven't got the foggiest what's going on in these posts.

Welcome to TheSite :thumb:

ETA: all these pages and I STILL do not know why Curly was on telly!