Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

thesite logo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On the upper left on this discussion board page... when did that change? Looks pretty cool :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm, it's still the old logo if you're not logged in.
  • Options
    Guess its the perks of being a registered user ;)

Its been that way for a while I think.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Hmmmm, it's still the old logo if you're not logged in.

It doesn't on mine XD
    Xx
  • Options
    I get a lovely variation. Every time i refresh the page i get either the old one or the new one.
  • Options
    I like it :)
  • Options
    I could do better.

Oh shut up! It's nice
    Xx
  • Options
    And?
    xx

It is nice, and no body asked you to do better... it is the way it is because be choose it (do you not remember the vote?) ;)
    Xx
  • Options
    It is nice, and no body asked you to do better... it is the way it is because be choose it (do you not remember the vote?) ;)
    Xx

Oh, missed that! I should stop perving the sex board and venture elsewhere once in a while.
  • Options
    I dont mind it, but if your gonna do a new logo, atleast re-vamp the actually boards, it looks odd and doesnt match :P
  • Options
    You can nominate yourself.

goddess has spoken.
  • Options
    I've got the same logo for both... but I wasn't observant enough before so no idea if it's the old or new!
    And yeah I agree, think the forums should be updated :)
  • Options
    I don't think the forums should be updated. No change, no chage! Everything will be screwed up and hard to find :p
  • Options
    No change.

The other goddess has spoken.
  • Options
    I like the old one better sorry. :p

Edit: has it been changed back? on mine its the old one again?

Edit...again: nooooooooo it changed.
  • Options
    I dont mind it, but if your gonna do a new logo, atleast re-vamp the actually boards, it looks odd and doesnt match :P

The last time they changed the boards they almost had a mutiny before we all realised we didn't have a choice.

I miss the orange (and not the rubbish attempt they've made to replicate it).
  • Options
    Could i moninate myself for creating a new forum theme?

Oh Jordan do shut up. NOW. You could nominate yourself, but nobody else would.

*giggles*
    Xx
  • Options
    Is it just me that quite likes it?

May be unfamiliar, but from a design point of view it shits all over the old one!
  • Options
    Few things quickly -

The forum theme's can be changed - you'll see the option in the bottom left of the page (where it's always been :p ). So if you want the old orange, or Skive's design, or anything else, then give them a try :)

As to designing a new forum style because of the logo. For the last 5 or so years the logo has always been a colour that doesn't match any particular section. So the colour and theme of the default forum style wouldn't change as a reflection of the logo.

The default style is going to stay as one that matches the community section. That wouldn't change until we redesign that area. The main logo is still the same colour it was before, though admittedly the design makes it stand out more.

We're always looking for possible themes for the colours of the boards, though you'll need to design something possible within 3.8. Take a look at the top six themes for examples and an indication of what could play with.

It's also worth doing a hard-refresh to see the logo, it'll take a while for it to be consistent across your browsers based on how you're caching pages.