Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Urgent: Ask the money saving expert a question

C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
Hello everyone :wave:

I've just had a call from the people at moneysavingexpert.com and Martin Lewis (the one off TV) has agreed to answer some of your questions for TheSite.org.

If you've got any money worries, consumer rights queries, or get rich quick ideas, put them up here and we'll get Martin to answer them for you.

Make sure you hurry though - Martin wants the questions by 6pm today!

:thumb:

C Funk

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At 27 I'm guessing that I really should starting putting money into a pension. How safe are pensions? I remember hearing horror stories at the start of the financial crisis of people losing massive percentages of their pensions. Am I better keeping the money in a shoe box under the bed whilst eyeing banks with suspicion?
  • Options
    how can i get rich quick?
  • Options
    Can he lend me a tenner ?
  • Options
    Thanks for those questions :thumb:

Keep 'em coming in!!

Think I'm gona ask how much he's got in his bank account!!:naughty:
  • Options
    My boyfriend wants to put all his accounts in a one account to save money and pay off his mortgage quicker. It all looks good on paper but, is there a catch he should be careful of?
  • Options
    What is the best strategy for paying off my credit card debt? I can't get one of those zero interest on balance transfer cards as I don't currently have a permanent job with a guaranteed income so my application was refused (I have gone back into full time education). Currently I am just making the minimum repayments, what would be a better strategy?
  • Options
    Thanks for all your questions :thumb:

Will let you know when it's up on the site. :cool:

C Funk
  • Options
    question 1

My work does not offer anything with a pension, eg they contribute, and I know it has been risky with pensions but a family member suggested getting a tax free isa/mini isa and just paying into that as it is more secure than pensions,

Also is there anyway to lock an isa to stop the temptation of removing the money?

Our second question is regarding trust funds,

As I am part of a low income household, my wife looks after my son while I work full time, we got grants for a trust fund, Now we opened my sons account, added the grants and also paid some in ourselves, we got a letter 2years ago stating the share prices had fallen and we lost over 200 in value so we stopped paying into it and opened a savings account for him. We are expecting our second child in july and wonder if it is worth getting the trust fund or just opening it for the grants and just open a savings account or just pay into the trust fund.

cheers.
  • Options
    Hey everyone :wave:

Here are the answers to your money saving questions on our youtube channel.

I hope they help. Sorry if Martin didn't answer your question! You can get answers to these questions from our AskTheSite service if you like . . . . :thumb:

C Funk
  • Options
    Listening now.
  • Options
    He said my name, funny. I am famous.
  • Options
    C Funk wrote: »
    Hey everyone :wave:

Here are the answers to your money saving questions on our youtube channel.

I hope they help. Sorry if Martin didn't answer your question! You can get answers to these questions from our AskTheSite service if you like . . . . :thumb:

C Funk

Really good,

except mine wasn't mentioned lol.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Really good,

except mine wasn't mentioned lol.

Yeah, sorry Hellfire.

Unfortunately Martin wasn't able to answer all the questions I sent because of time restrainsts.

I've forwarded your question onto him, so hopefully he'll email back with an answer - will let you know!

C :thumb:
  • Options
    C Funk wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry Hellfire.

Unfortunately Martin wasn't able to answer all the questions I sent because of time restrainsts.

I've forwarded your question onto him, so hopefully he'll email back with an answer - will let you know!

C :thumb:

Cheers dude,
  • Options
    I got a mention, but wrong question. Where's my tenner ? :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I got a mention, but wrong question. Where's my tenner ? :)

hmmm, I possibly put your name to the wrong question - soz :blush:

Perhaps the tenners in the post :yippe: don't hold yer breath tho hehe
  • Options
    dont forget to rate and comment on the video - let's get you guys famous on youtube!!! :thumb: