Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Told a lie how to tell the truth?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm new to this site so please be gentle. I'm after some advice really. I'm a member of another forum on the internet and joined a thread and it became a little community with regular posters. One of the posters sent me a PM about something last October and ever since then we've exchanged PM's daily talking about just day to day things, work and life etc. The only trouble is (and this is my dilemma) we were talking about what I do for a living and I said that I worked in a hospital but didn't really specify what I did. I think he assumed I was a nurse which I'm not. Now things have kind of escalated into this huge lie. Part of what I've said it true but in other ways it's all false. How do I tell him that I'm not a nurse but I will be a student nurse next month. I really need some help on how to bring it up and hope that he doesn't run a mile.

Help!

Comments

• Options
    Have you actually said that you are a nurse?

Either way, I would just come clean and hope for the beest. Something like-

Your friendship means a lot to me so I wanted to clear up an issue. I may have led you to believe that I'm a nurse but I'm not, I'm working as [insert job here] and will be starting my nurse training next year. I hope you can understand that I never meant to hurt you by letting you believe otherwise and I hope we can still be friends.

Something like that.
  • Options
    Yeah, agree. Your best bet is to just come clean and say that you lied/got carried away, and also WHY you lied (makes you seem a lot more human).

Personally I've got a lot of respect for people who are big enough to come clean about something like that, even if it's something small or silly. Everyone's human and we've all told porkies in our time. IMO the measure of a person is not by the mistakes they make, but with how they set about making them right :)
  • Options
    I hate it when that happens - one moment it doesn't seem important enough to clarify a tiny detail, and then at some point it becomes a lie.