Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

down in the dumps and not sure what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all...firstly sorry if this is long winded, but im at a loss as to what to do next....

the whole thing goes bk to halloween last year when i met a female friends, friend at a party, we had both had a bit of dutch courage but we hit it off really well and by the end of the eve we were walking back to our friends arm in arm, hugging and kissing every few 100 yards, we got bk 2 our friends and cuddled up on the sofa, and whilst we were both very much up for more, we didn't as other friends were crashed on the floor nearby, anyway, we reluctantly parted ways the next morn, agreeing to see each other again as soon as poss. anyway she went home and we carried on chatting via facebook (she hadn't paid her mob bill so got cut off). Anyway a week or so later her grandad gets ill and ends up in hospital, and fair enough things cooled off, but we chatted when we could until got a message saying grandad has taken turn for the worse so plz don't panic if go quiet for a day or 2, to which i replied best way could..''thinking of you at this diff time, chat soon'' anyway about a week later the worst happens so i carry on being supportive and don't push seeing her again as her grandad passing cut her up a bit, and it wouldn't have been right, we carried on chatting tho and i offered what support i could being 200 miles apart, at one point i offered to go and see her, just to be a shoulder to cry on and listen, bt she said ta but no ta. Anyway in convo about a month later i invite her down for a birthday bash (mine) bt get declined. Then in the new year we agree to meet bt b4 we set a date she drops the bombshell....shes soz but is seeing someone, an ex who she has got back with....im gutted but we are still mates and chat a couple of times a week and whilst nothings likely to happen right now who knows, we will be mates for years to come.

Anyway my big dilemma/source of anguish is a girl who has been a friend for a while but over the last few months we have got closer...so close that one eve/night some very 'fruity' text messages were exchanged, neither of us sleeping much. she split with her ex 3 months ago and whilst we had been flirty with each other until the other night i didn't push anything as she had been hurt and didn't want to be a quick rebound fling. So following the nite of 'fruity' texts all the preceeding messages have had undertones of naughtyness until 2 days ago when she said she had run out of texts for the month (on contract) and can't chat till 6th Feb. Im hoping to see her on 25th (both involved in a local car club) bt its only been 48hrs and already its eating away at me, i miss the texting, we talked about anything and more besides, some random convo's which amused us both and i just generally want 2 spend more time with her and not hearing from her (tried ringing yest and a message via facebook) is keeping me awake wondering and im at a loss what to do next......help!

Comments

• Options
    I'm having this exact same feeling for a friend of mine at the moment, he has no credit and so we can only chat online, which is great when we are both at home, but not otherwise! I understand the frustration!

Not much help, but she can use free internet texts when at home?
  • Options
    Big family and one family PC, so its a bit awkward. Just speaking 2 her now on facebook, basically she likes me but....(why is there always a but?)...she's not sure if she wants anything 2 happen, have said to her that i won't deny i like her, and i'd like it if we were more than friends bt at the same time i don't want things 2 get awkward and us fallout, and i've said look i like you, but i don't want 2 force and thing to happen. hopefully it will work out, but if not i won't have lost a friend, bt i'll be bk 2 square one in the relationship stakes once more :(