Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fingers crossed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I guess that's an ok title to describe how I feel.

Whilst at university I had a lot of mental health problems (psychotic episodes and depression) and was in a psychiatric unit in first year and since 2004 have seen a psychiatrist.

I guess to cut a long story short it's not too pleasant. I'm now 25 and graduated in July 07. Since then I think I've done the right things. I did very well to finish university, but I've now been involved with my local MIND since university. They got a lottery grant to run courses and loads goes on there and I've got a lot out of it.

http://home2.btconnect.com/wirralmind/index.htm

I've been working recently in a temp job, but that's now coming to an end, but looking at some of the courses coming up I'm looking to do them as it all helps.

I mean I think doing all the stuff I've done has helped loads and I feel quite happy in general.

I've done a personal WRAP (wellness recovery action plan) and now i'm doing one for work. One of the staff there has helped me come up with the idea of doing a personal action plan for the year and a professional one.

I think there are areas I need to work on still like becoming more confident, but then I can do the course on that in a few months.

But I mean in general I think I've come a long way from when I was in hospital when I was 19 and I've learned a lot from it and made friends with similar problems.

One of the key things they try and get across is hope and I guess that's how I feel. There are no guarantees of things, but hopefully if I keep on working hard and learning I can do well and have a great life.

I think I still need to address some things, but I think the big hurdle is the world of work. It's not too easy to get a job, but I think by doing voluntary work and internships I've helped myself and will ideally get a suitable job at some point in the future..

I feel I just need to play a cautious game at the moment - I'm doing well, but want to keep on learning and growing.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences ?