Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

m'aider si vous plait

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
complex situation, but basically, I've got a male friend who was previously assumed straight, and he's secretly expressed his feelings to me. I was ok with this at first, I told him I didn't feel the same, but he's starting to stick to me like glue. To the extent, he came round our house today, and followed me around - so when I was in my bedroom he came in, pulled the door to and lay down on the bed just watching me on PC etc.

This is not only making me uncomfortable, but he's also getting in the way of other friendships. He is asking increasingly personal questions about my sex life and sexual preferences and I try to brush him off politely by changing the subject, but he seems a bit like a bull in a china shop. E.g. he has decided he wants to go out with me and can't be put off!

I feel a bit isolated because obviously it would be unfair to 'out' him to our mutual friends as a way of talking about it / having them as an intermediary to tell him on the down low he's being very f*cking creepy right now. I have told him politely several times I'm not interested in him, but he comes with responses like "how can you be sure?". I don't need to try before I buy... thanks.

It got so bad today that I had to lock my door when I went to my room for a nap to save myself the fear of him coming in to try to spoon me or watch me sleep (maybe I'm overreacting, grouchy because he slept @ ours last night and insisted in sleeping on the floor in my room, and I was too tired to argue - despite there being a spare bed in the house!). The worst thing is, I've kind of brought this upon myself. I got drunk and gave everyone a hug and a kiss at NYE and he has interpreted this as a 'connection' between us, like before he never thought about going out with guys but now... he sees me as special or something. :crazyeyes

I would brush it off like I say, but he actually makes me nervous how he keeps bringing it up -all the time- and seems infatuated with me, and can't leave me alone for 5 minutes. Need something to hit him over the head with so I can elope :/ (he's gone home now thank goodness!!!!).

Oh also he saw me browsing on here (spent the majority of today lying on my bed watching me on the internet :/) so if he is the stalkery type perhaps he will read this - in which case, I'm flattered but no thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    i think you need to tell him what you've told us here but summarise.

if he isnt getting the message from you being polite then just state your feelings. that his behaviour is making you uncomfortable and he needs to back off if he wants you as a mate.
  • Options
    I don't think you've brought it on yourself either, it's fine to be friendly and touchy feely with friends at New Years Eve (and other times). From the sounds of it, you gave other people a hug too. He's got a crush, he needs to get over it. Maybe it would be easier for him to do that if you didn't see much of each other for a while. I don't mean cut him out, but don't be in a room alone with him, and certainly not your bedroom.
  • Options
    Much as the others said. You need to make it clear that no means no.

Maybe you are being a little *too* polite. I don't mean you should be awful. Just honest. And firm! Sounds like polite isn't working!
  • Options
    It doesnt sound like the guy knows how to be just friends, so id say you cant really be friendly with him at all.
    Tell him to leave you the fuck alone
  • Options
    funny, I love you SCC.
  • Options
    turns out this girl I've been hanging out with... she told me he keeps asking her if she fancies me, that we'd make a cute couple, etc. but she said he is REALLY unsubtle about it. I got home last night at about 12.30 and he said on MSN he hoped I had a nice time at hers... :/ I didn't reply, at this stage I'm just utterly creeped out.
  • Options
    Bless, he sounds really mixed up. Could you encourage him to join a club and get some other interests and friends?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    turns out this girl I've been hanging out with... she told me he keeps asking her if she fancies me, that we'd make a cute couple, etc. but she said he is REALLY unsubtle about it. I got home last night at about 12.30 and he said on MSN he hoped I had a nice time at hers... :/ I didn't reply, at this stage I'm just utterly creeped out.

I agree with SCC, tell him to back the fuck off, otherwise you are going to have to tell people why you are having to be weird with him.
  • Options
    12 January 2010
    13:47 - Him: is your msn on the fritz again, or are you busy, was only a quick chat since i'm on lunch talking to [my housemate], lol
    14:01 - Me: just got out shower
    14:01 - Me: been play mw2 all morning
    14:01 - Him: ah nice revision :)
    14:01 - Me: yea well my theory is
    14:01 - Me: its a bit like the sims
    14:02 - Me: improves mood = better able to concentrate haha
    14:02 - Him: well, i guess it's true that people learn when happy
    14:02 - Me: :)
    14:02 - Him: have fun with [her] then? :)
    14:03 - Me: yea was a nice evening
    14:03 - Me: had a stir fry
    14:03 - Me: delicious stir fry
    14:03 - Him: cool
    14:03 - Him: did you consider making a move on her? heh
    14:05 - Me: umm..
    14:05 - Me: idk
    14:05 - Him: ah, so nothing happened then?
    14:06 - Him: i wondered if you'd sleep over :p
    14:13 - Him: you've gone quiet, is there a story there? :)

:banghead: :banghead: *cry*

so obsessed.
  • Options
    Ask him why he is so interested in sticking his big fat nose into your private business.
  • Options
    update:
    14:43 - Him: still there? hehe
    14:44 - Me: just got some lunch
    14:44 - Me: revision time for real methinks
    14:45 - Him: ah ok, nothing happened last night then of interest?
    14:46 - Me: things of interest to me, not things of interest to you :P
    14:46 - Him: aww, /cry
    14:47 - Me: some things are best kept private
    14:48 - Him: well that's practically admiting stuff happened, but i understand, although for some reason it does make me a bit sad, but i am happy for you

Though I don't generally kiss and tell, nothing actually did happen except for awesome stirfry. But maybe I should leave it there because he will then think something did happen and me and him are over. (not that there was anything there, but in his mind)
  • Options
    I think the situation hopefully has been resolved. I said I didn't think of him like that, and never had, and he said he just needs to work it out with himself.

And breathe.

Exam in 2 days, half the day spent resolving non-love-life. I thought being single was supposed to be easier.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Exam in 2 days, half the day spent resolving non-love-life. I thought being single was supposed to be easier.

Nothing constructive to add, just that this sentence made me laugh.
  • Options
    lol dude how do you get yourself into situations like that lol sorry I know it aint funny but just seems like your mate is a lil out there.
    If 1 of my mates came onto me and I said no as I aint gay but they kept it up even after being told NO id be more blunt and if still not listening they'd get a slap,no means no and if you aint gay you aint gay.
    Anywyas good luck.