Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mother's Opinion..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok basically, my mum has met one of my best friends a couple of times and shes dead certain she fancies me. shes not been wrong in the past. lately iv started to find these feelings that werent there before, catalysed by the fact that my mum and friends both say she fancies me. but i dont know what to do. a month or so ago, we got quite drunk and started randomly holding hands at a party, then i had my arm round her for a bit and she leaned in more. went to a club and we were gettin close but then due to unforseen circumstances the night ended abruptly.

so therefore, 1. has your mother ever been wrong when shes recognised someone potentially fancies you?
2. considering the three factors, does it sound promising??

all answers appreciated

Comments

• Options
    1. My mother thinks EVERYONE might fancy me because she's deluded/my mother and thinks the sun shines out of my arse.

2. That said, from what you've said sounds promising. Why don't you ask her out on a friendly date and see if anything develops?
  • Options
    Mums are always right! But don't develop feelings for her just because it's been on your mind. Hang out with her in a rather sober fashion and get a good idea. But if it does work at least your Mum approves!
  • Options
    It's not just Mums that are usually right. Sometimes it takes a 'third party' to see the body language that you don't. If you like this girl, I should ask her out.
  • Options
    this is the thing, shes right with loads of things. girls inparticular shes pretty clued up on, and not because she thinks the sun shines out of my arse. both my mates and mum say "the way she looks at you". dunno..maybe. in lectures and seminars shell look at me, a number of times because i can see her out of the corner of my eye but only recently iv started to do the same thing. in terms of telling her, its such a big risk as shes my best friend...i see her almost everyday.....? :chin:
  • Options
    * Bump *
  • Options
    ask the girl out for a just-you-two get together. doesn't need to be anything serious, or even mean that you're officially going out. just maybe hang out doing stuff you like, get a subway sandwich (im just hungry so ignore me), you know.. the usual.

If she seems keen on the idea and things are going well, slowly up the ante by tickling her, hugging her, trying to hold her hands - just flirting basically. If she likes you, she will want you to be flirting with her anyway, if she doesn't like you, she will probably go a bit cold on you to give you a friendly no signal.

If things go well though, and you are feeling good about things too, just kiss her :thumb:. Simple as that really :) - you have to remember that if she likes you, thats what she wants you to do!!