Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im a single mum of 2 children with one that has special needs i am divorced and im very very lonley i was in a relationship with some one but they didnt like me having friends or doing things with out him so like a fool i lost all my friends as i was in love my self confidence is now at an all time low as i can go days with out talking to another person face 2 face i have suffered with depression on and off 4 years but i am having a very very bad patch at the moment and i am struggling

Comments

• Options
    Hi missy1929,

sorry to hear you lost your friends, I hope we can help a little :wave:
  • Options
    Thanks i hope so 2 the computer is my only way of talking 2 people at the moment:crying:
  • Options
    Ughh, that's got quite bad. How long has it been since your relationship with this guy ended? Have you tried getting in touch with your old friends?
  • Options
    its been 6 months and i have tried contacting them but they have moved on with there lives and they just dont want 2 know me any more i just feel alone as i have no family around just me 2 kids and 4 walls
  • Options
    How old are your children. Perhaps you could give somewhere like homestart a call. Or, you could try going to a local mother and child playgroup to meet people. Or, gingerbread, try their website, they are a charity for single parents, they might have advise on how to meet friends and feel less lonely with two kids.

What do you like doing, perhaps you could get a babysitter for a few hours a week and re-take up a hobby?
  • Options
    it must be really hard to get your confidence back after a controlling relationship like that.
    How old are your kids?
    Meeting friends off the internet is not such a bad idea. HAve you tried parenting sites?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    How old are your children. Perhaps you could give somewhere like homestart a call. Or, you could try going to a local mother and child playgroup to meet people. Or, gingerbread, try their website, they are a charity for single parents, they might have advise on how to meet friends and feel less lonely with two kids.

What do you like doing, perhaps you could get a babysitter for a few hours a week and re-take up a hobby?

Did you mean "Surestart"? I'm not sure whether all local authorities provide these facilities, but they generally offer a wealth of support and opportunities for parents of young children. Try this link:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Preschooldevelopmentandlearning/NurseriesPlaygroupsReceptionClasses/DG_173054