Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my gf.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, two seperate things but,

ive been with my gf for around 4 months, and i suppose im quite happy with how its going. the problem is, i dont realy see a "future" with her. shes a great girl but, well...

also, im not realy getting what i need from her. now, i understand that i can be clingy, and i find her quite distant sometimes. she doesnt understand my moods and that sometimes i need someone to be with me (as i sometimes have frequent depressive moods). im not sure i can love her either, and im pretty sure she isnt going to love me.

im not sure what to do, its as if we are just a bit of fun for both of us and id like something more serious... or is it too early?

any advice on that would be great.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

Firstly, I do not see being in this relationship benificual, you obviously do not have any feelings for her, neither love, you are not geting anything you "need" from her, which tells me she is not for you. I would say it would be better to end the relationship sooner than later, otherwise it will be harder.

Also is it wise, in your opinion, to be in a relationship while having depressive moods, surely it would be worthwhile to treat and sort the depressive moods out then look into having a relationship. A Relationship is ment to be a happy thing, but if you are not happy (due to depressive moods) then you can not have a happy relationship and it will only bring down the modds of any partners you have
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Hi there,

Firstly, I do not see being in this relationship benificual, you obviously do not have any feelings for her, neither love, you are not geting anything you "need" from her, which tells me she is not for you. I would say it would be better to end the relationship sooner than later, otherwise it will be harder.

Also is it wise, in your opinion, to be in a relationship while having depressive moods, surely it would be worthwhile to treat and sort the depressive moods out then look into having a relationship. A Relationship is ment to be a happy thing, but if you are not happy (due to depressive moods) then you can not have a happy relationship and it will only bring down the modds of any partners you have

so is it wrong to be in a relationship that isnt, well, serious? i do like her alot, and i do have feelings for her, its just i dont see us going anywhere. and i get the impression that her feelings wont grow as time goes on.

although, i dont particually think i want a future with her... so thats kind of contradictory...

as for the last bit... oh... i dont realy know what to say.

but thanks for the advice. im going to have a serious think about it and try and talk to her i think.

but thank you. i know now, its something i realy need to think about.
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with it if you BOTH agree, but is it really fair to continue the relationship knowing it is not serious but she might think it is serious.

If she also says she does not think it is serious then there is not a "BIG" problem but she deserves to know where it is heading before someone gets hurt (probably her by the sounds of it)

I think the best thing to do is have a talk with her, good luck.
  • Options
    alrite. thank you for helping me with that. ill be sure to just clear things up with her.

cheers.