Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Snow!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So how has everybody spent their days..?

Any snow related accidents..?!

Comments

• Options
    What i'd like to know is where was the snow on christmas day?! We had it before and after but not during :(

I actually would be quite pleased to see it piss off cos it stops you doing anything!! Since I crashed my car just before xmas I hardly trust myself driving my new car let alone in snow and ice so I have to get the pissing bus to work and also cant just jump in the car and go out whenever i want :(
  • Options
    Travelling from Plymouth to London. Thankfully, it went ok.
  • Options
    We have so much snow that it's impossible to get out at all, which stops us having to worry about sliding cars etc. Although it's therefore impossible to visit my grandad in hospital who slipped on the ice on xmas eve.

But as I have exams after christmas, and if they are delayed more than a week I just get my target grades, I am NOT wishing the snow away any time soon!!
  • Options
    I miss the December snow that I got.. I hope I get some more. I myself had a rainy christmas, but there was snow still left on the ground from before when it snowed. So it was like a soggy white christmas.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    What i'd like to know is where was the snow on christmas day?!

In Yorkshire :thumb:
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    What i'd like to know is where was the snow on christmas day?! :(

I know!! We had some but only bum fluff :crying:
  • Options
    Oh my god I'm so jealous! We still had a lil bit of snow on the ground here in Essex but it was shit, and now its come back again looking all Christmassey!! Just want summer to get here now.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Bitch ;).
  • Options
    I am having an extra week off school due to teh snow. We have about 15-18inches. Tbh we have had worse this is just a good amount for a few snowmen ;) but it is too deep to sledge in up in the hills, you just kind of sink lol
  • Options
    Same thing I do every day as there has been snow every day for a month and another 6-9 inches by friday.

Hasn't there been quite a lot of snow there already this year? Why is there *still* excitement about it? Its not new anymore!
  • Options
    But we have more (!) now..! Like enough to be excited about..!
  • Options
    I know..! I remember once, when I was about 5, but this is the first time for AGES..!

And I flew off a jump and STRAIGHT into a tree today, and now my head has a lump on it. But I'll be back out with the sledge tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Did those of you in Plymouth hear about the accident involving the buses today? My mum got held up for an hour in that.
  • Options
    No..?! What happened..? I haven't exactly been concentrating on the news/radio.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    No..?! What happened..? I haven't exactly been concentrating on the news/radio.

There was something in Efford about an ambulance colliding with a car. Can't find the story about the buses colliding with each other though.
  • Options
    I went out for a walk:

4253732272_9def001093.jpg

Not for that long, though, cause the snow kept falling in my wellies :(

Then I watched Mr Olive try (and fail) to dig out his car. Oh dear.

Then I tried to find my car. I swear I left it on the drive somewhere :chin:

4252968141_906ae4c8e9.jpg
  • Options
    haha i love that car picture kaff, mine looked pretty much the same. i had to dig it out yesterday and it took absolutely ages.

here are some snow pics :p the view from my window to my back garden - i love how the washing line is covered in snow. and the snowman me and my sister made. hes the ugliest snowman iv ever seen, in fact i think he looks a bit more like an alien :]]
  • Options
    Ha cool pics.

Rupert looks like a rather happy chappy.
  • Options
    We've got about as much snow on our car as you have Olive! my mum has swept it all off with the mop :eek2:

The schools are all closed here so my brother and sister are at home. I wish he'd go out, he's being a pain!

had a lovely snow walk yesterday though :)
  • Options
    If I didn't have to work, I would be enjoying this snow. I wish I was a kid again. :(
  • Options
    We've got about as much snow on our car as you have Olive! my mum has swept it all off with the mop :eek2:

It's a good plan! I ended up taking a sweeping brush to mine :yes:

I'm just gutted that I've got a hill with 8 inches on snow in front of me, a day off and a snowboard upstairs which I'm not allowed to make use of :(
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    If I didn't have to work, I would be enjoying this snow. I wish I was a kid again. :(
    MoK, what's it like in Kent?

I'm supposed to be going back today so that I can go to work but omg I don't want to :(.
  • Options
    It's a good plan! I ended up taking a sweeping brush to mine :yes:

I'm just gutted that I've got a hill with 8 inches on snow in front of me, a day off and a snowboard upstairs which I'm not allowed to make use of :(
    Small price to pay, not being able to snowboard :p
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    MoK, what's it like in Kent?

I'm supposed to be going back today so that I can go to work but omg I don't want to :(.

West Kent has been hit, locally it's not too bad though only a couple of inches.

Let's face it, two inches never impresses anyone ;)
  • Options

Manchester too :)
  • Options
    Small price to pay, not being able to snowboard :p

You are right, of course! :heart:
    MoK wrote:
    Let's face it, two inches never impresses anyone

I've been waiting for the optimum opportunity for an inch-related joke all week! :p
  • Options
    I've been waiting for the optimum opportunity for an inch-related joke all week! :p

Snow always proves that opportunity...
  • Options
    on tuesday, i was off work anyway. my fella got sent home around lunch time so we went out in it later on, popped to our local wood/park thing, watched some kids sledging, took a few photo's, made a few snow angels and then my fella made a snowman in our back garden.

on wednesday, i was forced to stay at home as my car was snowed in and there was no way i was going to get it off my drive. my fella also got the day off work. we didn't go out in it. we decorated a room in our house instead :D

today? i went to work and nearly died in the snow. one, whilst i was out patrolling in it and two, whilst driving in it on the way home. despite travelling at 10 mph, my brakes failed to work when approaching a roundabout. it didn't stop and i ended up nearly crashing into the middle bit whilst cars were approaching me on the right hand side at speed. not nice :no: i shit myself!

i just want this snow to fuck off now tbh. i've had enough of it. its making my job difficult and driving difficult and quite frankly, its making me miserable.
  • Options
    Not a great deal of snow in this part of London- just snowed under by workload during the day haha
  • Options
    http://yfrog.com/ca010710164516j <-- the pavements, they are all like this, i had to walk to the road lol Which is now just ice.

http://yfrog.com/2q010710164601j <-- theres about 3 piles like this just on my road.