Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ok need help big time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok. I need help. I havent posted anything in a long time but this is big!
I had sex with my bf and it was great but now my vagina is...sick. lol. Its itchy and smells.help

Comments

• Options
    Probably just a yeast infection... but off to the GUM clinic to get everything checked.
  • Options
    Hi :wave:
    It could be vaginal thrush but I’m not a doctor :chin: . Some of the symptoms of vaginal thrush are itching, soreness, vaginal discharge – which is white and can be thick. However discharge from the symptoms of vaginal thrush is usually odorless.
    Did you use a condom?
    I think the best thing you should do is go and see your GP or you could go to the GUM clinic (STI clinic) where they will be able to test for all STI’s :thumb: .
    Have a look on the NHS website there is lots of info on there about the GUM clinic.
    Hope it's all ok :)
  • Options
    It was my first time and im nearly 16.
    An older friend of mine thinks its thrush.
    I cant tell my parents and cant go to my G.P without them finding out.
    I told my step mum about it and she said i coulda got it from my clothes rubbing me wrong and i got antibiotics for it but it dint really help.
    It got rid of the itching but not the soreness or the smell.
    My sex drive is gone completely and i feel really unnatractive
    :(
  • Options
    You need to go to the doctor because if left untreated it could become A LOT worse,

Regardless of your parents finding out you need to get it looked at ASAP, there really is no excuse for not going because I am sure your parents will agree your health is more important than what you've done (eg had sex etc)
  • Options
    Oh ya and i did use a condom.
    And ive had my period since then so im not pregnant or anything.
  • Options
    Oh ya and i did use a condom.
    And ive had my period since then so im not pregnant or anything.

:) That is brilliant you took precautions, a lot of teenagers nowadays think protection is have a glock under there pillow, not a condom in their pocket ;)
  • Options
    its probably thrush.
    Ask your doctor :)
  • Options
    Hellfire is right you need to go to your GP because the longer you leave it the worse it could get.
    Well done for using a condom :thumb:
    You can go to your GP without your parents and going to the GP is confidential. If you are unsure about going, you can call your GP and talk to the admin about if they will inform your parents that you have been or what you have been for-am sure they will only contact your parents if you are in any danger.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    MeMyself&I wrote: »
    You can go to your GP without your parents and going to the GP is confidential. If you are unsure about going, you can call your GP and talk to the admin about if they will inform your parents that you have been or what you have been for-am sure they will only contact your parents if you are in any danger.

:yes:
  • Options
    But its difficult cause my step mum works at the doctors and would find out.
    And if it is something simple and easyly fixed but is obvious i got it through sex then shel find out.
    Lets just say my bf wont live long if dad finds out.
  • Options
    You can go to your local GUM clinic - you can find your local GUM clinic on the NHS website
    OR
    you could call NHS direct (0845 4647) they might be able to give you advice on what is wrong and where you are able to go to get treatment. You need to do something as leaving it is not a good idea.
    Hope it all works out.
    Let me know how you get on :) .
  • Options
    But its difficult cause my step mum works at the doctors and would find out.
    And if it is something simple and easyly fixed but is obvious i got it through sex then shel find out.
    Lets just say my bf wont live long if dad finds out.

Your Step mum would not be able to tell your dad, heck unless your mum saw you she could not find out why you went to the doctors, it is breaking confidentiality
  • Options
    I think MonkeySpunk's location might be part of the problem. I was just about to suggest an NHS walk-in centre until I noticed Co. Galway. Very difficult, I imagine, in the west of Ireland. Rules are different, and attitudes quite old-fashioned. Still, I expect the doctor confidentiality thing holds good. Are there family planning clinics in Galway these days? You might try one of those. Or, I am sure when I was last over I saw an ad for a confidential helpline on the back of a pub toilet door. Or, do you have another relative or, perhaps, the mother of a good friend that you could trust enough to ask for help.

Having Irish connections, I really do sympathise. But you do still need to seek medical help asap.
  • Options
    Hay MonkeySpunk how are you getting on? Did you get it checked out hun? Hope all went went well :)
  • Options
    Definitely go to the doctor. If it is a yeast infection, it is very common for girls to get it, like 1 out of 2 girls would get it. Also, there is no prerequisite to getting it. When I had it, the doctor said, it could be this, or this, or this, or this. A lot of things could cause it. I don't think anyone would know about you having sex, and anyways its confidential.
  • Options
    I went to my doc cuz it really started to hurt.
    He gave me this pill.
    Just one pill.
    I took it yesterday but i dont know if it will work.
    I hope so. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Did he say what it was you had? Do you know the name of what you took, have you still got the packet? Hope it clears up soon :)
  • Options
    I went to my doc cuz it really started to hurt.
    He gave me this pill.
    Just one pill.
    I took it yesterday but i dont know if it will work.
    I hope so. Fingers crossed.

So glad you went to the doc’s Hun :thumb: . Hopefully it will all clear up ASAP.
    Oh yeah did anyone find out?
    I hope it all went ok.
  • Options
    doctors
    It was my first time and im nearly 16.
    An older friend of mine thinks its thrush.
    I cant tell my parents and cant go to my G.P without them finding out.
    I told my step mum about it and she said i coulda got it from my clothes rubbing me wrong and i got antibiotics for it but it dint really help.
    It got rid of the itching but not the soreness or the smell.
    My sex drive is gone completely and i feel really unnatractive
    :(

PYou definatly can go to the doctors without them finding out. It's all confidential. You can get your step mum to take you, and she can wait in the waiting room if it would be too embarassing. Alternatively, if you would find it weird going to your own doctor, go to a sexual health clinic. They are so used to things like this. They know exactly what to say, they don't make it awkward, they know what your going through, they're nice! and no one will ever find out :)