Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you ever had one of those days/weeks/months where you just think to yourself, is this it? Maybe I have too high expectations of life...I dont know. Is there actually such a thing as 'happy ever after', which Disney so naively portray?

I didn't create this tread to particularly start a rant about the reasons behind why I get like this, although feel free to do just that. I started it more to wonder out loud if anyone shares my view, or if it is indeed, just me! :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Yup, this is it, your life isn't going to be perfect - but sit back and look at it, it's pretty amazing really.
  • Options
    yep. this is it. we're born we live we grow old we die.
    i guess it might be what you do in the 'living' part that matters.
    dont dwell on it all too much though otherwise you'll go insane.
  • Options
    I have these reguarly - young life crisis's. Probably cos I haven't done much in my life. I couldn't finish uni as I realised what I was doing was a waste of time.I've been an office assistant for over a year now and at times I am bored and at a crisis of what to do.
    Maybe set yourself some goals?
    I plan to travel to the UK and stay as long as I want to, then come back (probably) and take some courses in interior design and small business management. This won't happen for a couple of years, so this year I want to take some art classes.
    "Spice up your life" hehe
  • Options
    I've had a few days like that this week, today started off the same. Then I started to re-write my CV, started to think about new jobs, emailed someone about a job abroad and suddenly got very excited about life! Last year I was also an office assistant, then I was offered a job abroad and turned it down to stay with my boyfriend. I took another job nd it was an improvement but eventually I realised that despite loving him a lot (at the time.... grrrr) and thinking he was the one thing making me happy, that actually he was stopping everything in my life making me happy! So sometimes you have to make things get worse before they can get better.
  • Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi Icing On The Cake

I think a lot of people often think about that question - you're certainly not alone!

I thought you may be interested to read this article on TheSite.org. I'm by no means saying you need a Life Coach, but the article focuses on the kind of questions you're asking yourself.

Hope it helps :)