Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drunk encounters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was at a party the other day and this girl I know came over and kissed me. Somehow later I took her into a room off the side and we had a little cuddle.. then at some point I was on the floor.. then bathroom and she was tending a cut I had picked up from getting to the floor... anyway fast forward I only remembered the kiss in any detail but there is lots of documentary evidence showing me this way and that way so now I remember there was more!

Anyway this girl text me to go to pub last night, just friendly with some other friends, i asked her if she remembered much at the pub, she said she remembered most of it.. but that we were all drunk so it was all just good fun. I was still not 100% with it last night though so didn't really bring it up a lot.

I know it's bad to look back but I reckon if we were slightly more sober but still drunk enough to lose our inhibitions we well may have ended up sleeping together (as it happened I ended the night in the toilet she ended it passed out on my bed).

If we weren't drunk we are probably too much already in the friend zone for anything to ever happen!

Should I chalk it down as a nice and funny experience or perhaps ask her out and see if there's something there underneath the alcohol fuelled horniness?

At least one extra factor is that my sober friend (he's tee-total) said she was definitely giving me excess attention that night despite there being an abundance of guys (4 girls 12 boys I think..), so it wasn't just my drunken perception of the night. Another friend who was drunk at the time told me to leave it and next time we hang out buy her a drink or something and see how it goes (because we were both pretty drunk.. amazing how people become advice givers in drunken situations).

Comments

• Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Should I chalk it down as a nice and funny experience or perhaps ask her out and see if there's something there underneath the alcohol fuelled horniness?

If you think there maybe something there, go for it! You've nothing really to lose and you need to find out whether her saying it was "all just good fun" was just a protection mechanism.

I met my boyfriend in a haze of alcohol fuelled horniness (still not sure if we'd have got together sober - I can be a bit of a wallflower) and I'm still with him, nearly 9 years later :D
  • Options
    How did you feel about her when you saw her in the pub last night? Did you get a good feeling about her?

If so, then you may as well as go for it, ask her for a drink just the two of you and see what happens. If you're not sure, won't you see her in a big group of friends again? It might be good to chat to her when you're out with loads of people and see whether you think there's any potential there.

Go easy though, don't jump into anything too quickly or have you heart too much on your sleeve. You've had a tough time lately so don't jump into anything new just because you'd like to a girlfriend. But if you've got a good feeling about this girl, go for it :thumb:
  • Options
    Thing is if I ask her out she might say no :p lol
  • Options
    Thing is if I ask her out she might say no :p lol

But if you don't try, you won't know!:yes:
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    How did you feel about her when you saw her in the pub last night? Did you get a good feeling about her?

If so, then you may as well as go for it, ask her for a drink just the two of you and see what happens. If you're not sure, won't you see her in a big group of friends again? It might be good to chat to her when you're out with loads of people and see whether you think there's any potential there.

Go easy though, don't jump into anything too quickly or have you heart too much on your sleeve. You've had a tough time lately so don't jump into anything new just because you'd like to a girlfriend. But if you've got a good feeling about this girl, go for it :thumb:

I was really out of it last night. I still liked her last night kinda, but its all very grey rather than black and white. I guess I'm curious, I mean I do think she's hot.. and always have.. but it's like when you know your friends are hot. They're still friends and stuff.

I'm not even looking for a relationship, she came up to me and kissed me! So its like, you've got a friend, who when drunk (she was drunk), kisses you, and then you suddenly see them in a whole different light.

edit: just remembered @ pub last night she asked when ice skating was closing because she wanted to go but sucks at skating, and remembered that I said I wanted to go again. That could be construed as nudging me to ask her out I guess. I can't really remember because I was that tired.

Unfortunately ice skating closes on the 5th and she's working every day until friday this week :(
  • Options
    Thing is if I ask her out she might say no lol

I don't think so ...
    ... she came up to me and kissed me! So its like, you've got a friend, who when drunk (she was drunk), kisses you, and then you suddenly see them in a whole different light.

Just how up front does a girl have to be? Then there is the skating thing ...

I'd say she likes you quite a lot. What have you got to lose? :thumb:
  • Options
    Ask her out and dont get too drunk this time. :thumb:
  • Options
    noncommitally asked her to go ice skating tonight (its the last night, we should go!) and she noncommittally said it was cold and she was wearing her pijamas :p. was on fb chat rather than phone though. worried about putting her on spot in case it causes friendship to go sour.
  • Options
    maybe you should both get tipsy and ask her straight out about a relationship?!

but more seriously, sounds to me like she likes you :) maybeyou need to think what you want before you ask her though, if you're not sure I guess you should wait a bit.
  • Options
    Thanks purpledhaze. Going cinema with her and other peeps tomorrow (we are in a friendship group) so I guess we can hang out and see how it works. But I just get the feeling in a subtle way its going to be one of those 'oh well back to normal' kind of things. But now its in my head, its agonising.

Oh yea it also sucks cos one of my mates fancies her BIG TIME and she has told him she's just not ready for a bf right now, but really she just isn't interested in him, but he's kinda confused and stuff. I don't think he'd hate me, but I guess I'd weigh the friendship as pretty important and a potential thing with a girl as less important.. but I still want to know what happens lol. Maybe I'll worry about that when it comes to it.
  • Options
    Thanks purpledhaze. Going cinema with her and other peeps tomorrow (we are in a friendship group) so I guess we can hang out and see how it works. But I just get the feeling in a subtle way its going to be one of those 'oh well back to normal' kind of things. But now its in my head, its agonising.

Oh yea it also sucks cos one of my mates fancies her BIG TIME and she has told him she's just not ready for a bf right now, but really she just isn't interested in him, but he's kinda confused and stuff. I don't think he'd hate me, but I guess I'd weigh the friendship as pretty important and a potential thing with a girl as less important.. but I still want to know what happens lol. Maybe I'll worry about that when it comes to it.

Girls sometimes say they are not ready for a bf, meaning, not ready for a bf that is someone in particular.
  • Options
    yea thats what i meant, she used the excuse she doesnt want a bf on him, and hes a bit confused about whether they're going to get together in the future... whilst at the same time shes a single agent and well. I don't know.

Went cinema today with her and two other mates (including the one who fancies her), and my other mate mentioned explicitly that me and her went off together at the party. :/ I just said I don't remember.

Anyway, I've got revision for the next week or so, but seeing her again on friday evening @ imax cinema with friends again. But other than that I don't really have time to be making plans to see her etc. :/
  • Options
    When people ask you something and you deny it, and then they assume it must be true, thats always annoying yet amusing.

What is scary, is when people ask you something, you deny by omission (uh oh i cant remember) and then there are rumours flying around about you, and you havnt got a clue if they have substance or not.
  • Options
    But other than that I don't really have time to be making plans to see her etc. :/

I hate men sometimes. Why do I find myself making plans to see men that I like whether I am busy or not, but they just aren't as bothered as us women. You like her, yet you don't have time to make plans to see her which will then make her wonder if you're really interested or not. Why are men so bloody complicated !!
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I hate men sometimes. Why do I find myself making plans to see men that I like whether I am busy or not, but they just aren't as bothered as us women. You like her, yet you don't have time to make plans to see her which will then make her wonder if you're really interested or not. Why are men so bloody complicated !!

Pot calling Kettle for colour check please.

Its not just men, I think its a generic "it always seems to be the other sex" kinda thing.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Pot calling Kettle for colour check please.

Its not just men, I think its a generic "it always seems to be the other sex" kinda thing.

:p

Although I suppose not having time to see her will give you chance to see whether she makes a move to ask you out and show that she wants to spend time with you.

I'd forgotten how complicated being single can actually be. So many games that get played.
  • Options
    :p

Although I suppose not having time to see her will give you chance to see whether she makes a move to ask you out and show that she wants to spend time with you.

I'd forgotten how complicated being single can actually be. So many games that get played.

When I refer to the game, I dont mean playing the field game, I mean the big old complicated game that is relationships. However;

Steps to getting the girl;
    1. Play the game
    2. Win the game
  • Options
    It's winning the game and beating the competition that's the problem.
  • Options
    She works most days! And I saw her NYE obviously ;) then on the 2nd to the pub, then on the 4th today to cinema, then on friday 8th to cinema again. Then next week I have exams :(.
  • Options
    It's winning the game and beating the competition that's the problem.

Though as much as that is true, if the girl in question (from a mans perspective) sees her as a competition prize, then she will likely be offended.

I think thats a big difference between men and women, if men see themselves as a prize that has been won, they are probly over the moon. Whereas women dojnt like being objectified as much.

I like to win against the competition, but there is a fine line of beating the competition, but without going too far to make yourself look like you are "fighting" just to beat the opposition, if any of that makes sense :)