Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kill a Brazilian and get a Queen's Honour!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8435507.stm

If the term 'rubbing salt into the wound' didn't exist already, it would have been coined today.

Jesus fucking wept :rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reading the article it's not quite as how you highlighted. She had a distinguished career and received an honour.

Just look at Churchill, he was no saint... but these days people only thing good things of him. You need to take someone's contribution over their lifetime into account. People certainly don't join the forces to reward themselves. I don't know enough about the rest of her career to really say whether she deserved it or not... but lets hope in Aladdin's world that nobody ever fucks up or puts a step wrong (even though according to the article she was absolved of responsibility) as then for the rest of their lives they aren't worthy no matter what they do.
  • Options
    There are fuck ups and fuck ups, ShyBoy. Someone who leads a team that, through gross negiglence, causes the killing of an innocent man should never be considered for a Queen's Honour. Fuck ups don't get any bigger than this.

She should count herself lucky she's not in jail ffs. In a number of other nations, that's where she and a few other people in her team would be now. To line her up for an award is disgraceful.
  • Options
    The depressing thing is I'm not even surprised by stuff like this anymore. They killed him because he was roughly the right colour of a terrorist and there is no come back.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    There are fuck ups and fuck ups, ShyBoy. Someone who leads a team that, through gross negiglence, causes the killing of an innocent man should never be considered for a Queen's Honour. Fuck ups don't get any bigger than this.

She should count herself lucky she's not in jail ffs. In a number of other nations, that's where she and a few other people in her team would be now. To line her up for an award is disgraceful.

I gotta agree with you, Aladdin. Churchill may not have been a 'saint' but his quantifiable achievements for the British people (and Europe) does warrant him praise in spite of his misjudgements. I ask what has this officer actually done that is so amazing to overshadow this avoidable death and warrant Royal recognition? But it's Brown who signs off the list so who the fuck knows ...