Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

uggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all!!

depression huh! why oh why do we have it? i know at the time they say you will come out of this stronger but jeeezz its hard work! its the hardest thing! i feel lonely but in a crowded room.. upset but nothing to be upset about! feels so selfish so not want to get outta bed but everyday is a fight! emotional wreck! fighting not to s/h, not to shout and hurt the wrong person! fighting to find that motivation to carry on everyday! hummm is this healthy to be feeling this low? surely it cant be! Antidepressants, counselling, days upon days in bed, didnt think i was able cry as much as i do!
xx

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there cloudyday

Sounds tough for you at the moment. From what you've said you're also getting the professional support you need and just very stuck right now.

It is difficult to remember that there's a light at the end of the tunnel when you can't see it. Is there anything you can do you enjoy? Exercise? getting outdoors in nature? Meeting up with a friend? These sorts of things can help break the isolation down and distract you from your depression.

Perhaps other posters can suggest their coping strategies for when low moods strike?

Take care and keep posting :wave: