Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the YEAR!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In place of the usual post of the week, it's now time to nominate your post of the YEAR! :chin:

What's been the most memorable post you can think of from 2009? Something hilarious, something insightful..

We've got quite a lot of prizes knocking around the office at the moment so the winner will not only get a Site.org T-shirt but we'll be throwing in some other goodies too :thumb:

Nominations will be open for for the next few days and we'll be voting next week so get thinking..

:)

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I nominate Hellfire for something he just said in chat...
    20:32 - Jim V gave me one of his personal comics » my son ate it.

:razz:
  • Options
    Bugger, I have been away for a while at the start of the year. I will however have to look through lots of old posts :)
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Question: Why, or even how can a bird flick shit at you??

just because i laughed so much when i read it.

from this thread: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=138289
  • Options
    Any more nominations before we vote? :chin:
  • Options
    just because i laughed so much when i read it.

from this thread: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=138289

I said that! Woop proud of myself! :D
  • Options
    Any chance of a run down of the various Post of The Week winners?
  • Options
    I would have nominated 'Click To See More' for his (drunken but) profound ramblings on : http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=138965

Unfortunately, the arse went and 'snipped' them out even though he is anonymous (certainly as far as I am concerned).

Do I win a pressie anyway? :)
  • Options
    yea pretty much agree on the CTSM nomination, due to a combination of how touching the story he painted was and how sage the advice the post conveyed was. Maybe we can take the snip from my sig ;)
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Any chance of a run down of the various Post of The Week winners?

Bit difficult to pull out just the winners but this search should give you somewhere to start with :)

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/search.php?searchid=2248561
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote: »
    Bit difficult to pull out just the winners but this search should give you somewhere to start with :)

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/search.php?searchid=2248561

Very amusing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Anything I've ever posted, ever.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Very amusing.

Sorry, not meant as a joke - sadly it'll only save a search result for an hour...

Right I'm on it, give me a minute to find out how to force a search with a url
  • Options
    There ya' go - let no one say you can't learn something new everyday, let me know if it works :thumb:

Post of the week search
  • Options
    Fuck sake Post of the Year thread and only a handful of noms, what happened to this place? Where all the mad bastards at? :shocking:
  • Options
    Get in with some nominations man :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I would have nominated 'Click To See More' for his (drunken but) profound ramblings on : http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=138965

Unfortunately, the arse went and 'snipped' them out even though he is anonymous (certainly as far as I am concerned).

:}

I may well be anonymous... I was torn whether to leave them up or not. I'm glad a few folk saw them, and found them notable enough to warrant nomination. But ultimately... I'd sooner not have them left up in the public eye. Sorry. :)
  • Options
    :}

I may well be anonymous... I was torn whether to leave them up or not. I'm glad a few folk saw them, and found them notable enough to warrant nomination. But ultimately... I'd sooner not have them left up in the public eye. Sorry. :)

Aw, that's okay. It was a classic post though. Thanks very much. :)
  • Options
    No worries. I still have them here, and may stick them back up one day. :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »

I nominate CTSM also
  • Options
    :blush:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Gutted I missed them. :(
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Gutted I missed them. :(

Ahh yeh i forgot about that post- that would actually be my nomination also, it made me cry a bit :)
  • Options
    I'm going to nominate Jamelia, who seems to give consistently insightful advice! This one from post of the week back in May on how to deal with break ups:
    jamelia wrote: »
    I think when you have broken up with someone it's important to go back to your regular hangouts, to do all the stuff you used to do with them but with other people. That way the places don't come to have this terrible painful significance or make you sad - you just make new memories there that help to deal with the painful ones.

Me and my ex always used to go to this one cafe for breakfast. So after we split up I carried on going there, but with my best friend instead. I was determined not to get all weepy and misty-eyed every time I walked past it.

Could still do with a couple more nominations before we vote. Jim v's post of the week search is pretty handy ;)
  • Options
    Can you vote more than one person? I just remembered one! :/
  • Options
    Can you vote more than one person? I just remembered one! :/

Sure, go for it!
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Sure, go for it!

Woop *drum roll* :p

I nominate Omg hi, because in the thread i started ages ago that turned into a...well i don't even know what that was. But her comment really made me think :)
    omg hi wrote: »
    hi my love,

firstly you WILL care again soon, when you've been upset you think 'i don't fucking care i'm not going to even try', and that's totally normal and understandable. when you are going through something horrid and you are brave enough to ask for help, the last thing you need is to be told you are actually ok by someone else (trust me i know very much how that feels) and it makes you not care what happens to you. but truly, when you have calmed down and let the comments that have been made here slip into the past you will want to take care of yourself again. what you have to be careful of is that in between these two things happening you don't lose the ability to care for yourself. problems with food are a bitch because by the time you realise you are slipping into something it's often too late to actually do anything and i would recommend that you do everything you possibly can to try and reintroduce a more stable eating pattern. i don't know if you would be the same but i always try and make a good go of starting the week properly, having a fresh start on monday and even if it only lasts one day, you can build it up and try two days the next week, if that makes sense.

i would suggest that you go shopping with whoever does the food shopping in your house and buy yourself lots of things that you like to eat, things that will encourage you. i like the little fruit bags and i like kids fromage frais too so when i don't want to face eating i get things like that, because they are in kiddy portions and you can have a little bit at a time. try to eat your breakfast, because breakfast food is pretty much the lowest fat food of all your meals so it's almost easier to face. i don't know what your school food is like but if it's anything like what i remember of school food then it's a big scary load of food that you don't want to contend with, so try to take something with you, because it's a long time to go without eating otherwise and it does make you want to overeat when you get home. i know you know all this anyway but sometimes (at least i find) if someone else tells you it makes you actually think about it and apply it to yourself.

when it comes to eating in the evening, this is what i find hardest, actually putting hot food in my mouth. try to help with preparing your evening food, like if your parents or whoever normally do it, try making dinner one night or helping because it makes you more inclined to actually eat it. if you can't face eating what everyone else is having, make something separate for you.

the most important advice i can give you is don't lie. if your mum asks you if you've eaten, and you haven't, tell her you haven't. because once you start lying you never stop because if you lie enough you actually start to believe your own lies and you think 'it's ok not to eat today because i ate yesterday', and then you realise that actually you didn't eat yesteday, you thought you had but actually you just lied. if someone cares about you and wants to know what's happening, try to tell them. let them care for you.

sorry this is long and crappy but you need to know that there are people that know how it feels to think you are in control of it all, then suddenly it all slips away and you're in this awful mess and you can't pull yourself out. please don't let some idiotic comments get to you, people on this website or any other don't know you, they don't know your life. try to gradually reintroduce more food, small amounts at a time. everyone says it but really, little and often is the way to go. it can be done, it's frustrating, especially when small amounts make you full, and you're constantly in battle with your head, but you have to stick at it. when you are healthy the world is a much nicer place, you feel happier and have the energy to do things and you can concentrate and do well. so just do your best honey, you don't have to answer to anyone.
  • Options
    Im nominating myself, only because it was the first post of the week for this year.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=2206221&postcount=14
  • Options
    I think we are ALL wonderful, and should all win prizes :yes: :lol:
    Xx
  • Options
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=2272226&postcount=9

By Jamelia:

But it's much harder to be ruthless about it when you have loved the person. This is partly because so much of ourselves and our self-worth is bound up in who we love. We don't want to believe that we could have wasted our love and affection on someone who has ultimately shown themselves to be unworthy of it, because that would be a tragedy and imply a lack of judgment on our part. So then I think we keep lying to ourselves, making excuses for the person, telling ourselves maybe they do love me as much as I do after all, and forgiving them and letting them back in every time they let us down.

(rubbish at quote thingies)
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    I'm going to nominate Jamelia, who seems to give consistently insightful advice!
    :blush:

That is probably because I have made so many shitty decisions, that I've had a lot of mistakes to learn from!