Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weird swallowing thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I constantly feel like I have something stuck in the back of my throat and so need to swallow all the time. When I do swallow there isn't actually anything to swallow, so I just keep swallowing air and end up feeling bloated. I don't know if there's actually something wrong with my throat or if it's a nervous/subconscious thing. It seems to come and go but has been happening for at least the last few weeks, as far as I can remember. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I had this on saturday after I had been to my mums but I think that was because I haven't been well and have been coughing loads, then my throat became really dry and I'm allergic to her cat which didn't help either!
  • Options
    Hmmm i have had a similar thing when i was anxious, kinda feeling like there is something there in the lower part :/ It could be a cold coming on or maybe anxiety (if you suffer from that?)
  • Options
    Hi Woooooooah :wave:

Sorry to hear that you are having this uncomfortable feeling in your throat. Have you been to your G.P to get this checked out ? If not, it may be worth doing so, just to get some advice. Im sure its nothing to worry about!!

Take care and let us know how you are getting on.
    Keep posting.
    B :)