Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

complicated family life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya,
just found out that my mum wants to move in with her husband and so much shit has been caused inc. my mum getin locked up for 2 days cause he got her arrested. am really pissed off about it......am i being selfish??? i just really can't stand him - im fed up of knobheads being in my life....wished they wud get lost.
he has lived in the house before and has been alot of problems involving the police.......she promised that she wudn't let him bk in the house to move in....even to let him stay in the house for a while...that has happened n now talk of moving in again - im sick and tired of it!!!

sorry just needed to get this off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    Hey flower, you're not being selfish at all. He doesn't exactly sound like a stable influence in the household and it sounds like he's caused both you and your mum a lot of trouble in the past. It's no wonder you're not looking forward to the prospect of him moving back in.

Could you try and talk things through with your mum? Find a calm time to just let her know how worried you are not just for how this may affect you but her as well. You could remind her of the promise she made and try and understand better where she's coming from now.

If he does move back in it might be worth making it clear that you'd like your own space and try and steer clear of any conflict. None of this is your fault and they need to work things out for themselves but hopefully they can consider you a bit more. Take care and stay strong and keep ranting whenever you need to! *hugs* :heart::)
  • Options
    heya jo,
    thanks for the reply and sorry ive not been on here recently just avin a bad time with my mental health atm. i don't think i can change anything that my mum thinks and she is so stubborn - im so scared of everything......cheers - i need the rants to get through atm. xx*hugs* xx