Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Escaping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
COULD CONTAIN SELF HARM TRIGGERS

So I have started seeing a psychotherapist...

I now feel like crap, having to start talking about all the sh*t in my past... But more so, she's telling me I should probably move out as my home situation is suffocating...

I am tired of this. I sometimes don't eat to avoid using the kitchen and risk talking to people... I can't even go a day without clingy flatmate phoning me or nasty flatmate leaving stupid post its.

I really don't know where to go to escape.

So I cut myself because sometimes the feelings become so overwhelming. I don't have anyone to talk to, I don't like emotional intimacy.

Therapist says she's actually quite worried because of home situation, for my health but also my safety. :no:

I think tbh, I am truly fucked up... Like I just can't see a future for me.

I don't know why I shared that. I am just feeling melancholy at the moment... Think I am gonna spend this weekend shitfaced, or walking the streets. I can't wait to start work again Monday, to get away.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there Namaste :wave:

Really sorry you're having such a tough isolating time and feel that the only solution is to escape from it all with a weekend bender. Therapy can be really difficult - bringing raw emotions to the surface. Trying to be kind to yourself for doing such hard work is tricky but perhaps there is something you can do that would help you relax after these sessions - a quiet cafe to have a cuppa, a good park for a walk or a hot bath (bathroom door locked to keep out the flatmates)?

Apart from your psychotherapist are there any trusty friends or family about you could spend some time with to get away from your difficult living space? It sounds like you need somewhere safe to be for the weekend.

Remember you can keep posting here for further support or speak to someone at Samaritans anytime when things get overwhelming.

Take care :wave:
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're having such a bad time.
  • Options
    I have family... But nobody to really talk to. People don't seem to see why it is an issue.

One flatmate is a sociopath or something. The other just suffocates me, calls me all the time. One night he asked to stay in my room. :no: I don't feel comfortable with either.

I just want to move away, cut them both out of my life and start over.

I try to spend alone time but clingy guy has taken to calling me. He called me Thursday night when he was out, yesterday lunch claiming he had a missed call from me (he didn't), yesterday night because I went out for therapy (god forbid I have a life that doesn't include him). When I went away he called me both nights.

All he talks about when we're together is sex, or how we're both fat, or how people I fancy or he thinks I may fancy are getting laid. It's pissing me off.

He was gonna go away for Christmas, but now he knows I am staying in London he wants to stay. I am so not spending Christmas with him.
  • Options
    *sigh*

I told clingy guy yesterday that I would like him to leave me alone a few days, as I'm going through a rough patch. Today, I go to town to meet a friend, who is staying tonight...

Come the evening he keeps on trying to call her, then texts her asking where she is and she says she's with me and asks where he is.

Then he gets pissed off and says "at home where I always am" and then says that I told him I want to be alone...

Like he fucking owns me or something. :eek2:

What do I need to apply for permission in writing to go see a friend?