Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self harming worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i cut mysel on sunday night and i used a piece of broken plate and i got a bit stuck in the cut and i cant get out and i dont know wht to do. Should i go to the doctor or does anyone have any suugestions on what to do?

thnks x

Comments

• Options
    well it needs to come out! if you can't do it yourself I recommend a trip to the doctors... otherwise it's likely to get infected. :thumb:
  • Options
    You really need to see someone to sort it.. otherwise it could just get worse to be honest. And ideally, you need a healthcare professional to be the one to remove it to minimise infection and further damage.

So you have several choices... if you have a local walk in centre / minor injuries clinic then you can take a trip there, or call up your GP and ask who it is best to see there.
  • Options
    heya,
    try and go to the doctors or a+e. they r there to help and they will have experience in s/h n stuff. always here if you need to talk xx