Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The little things that make you smile?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, every single day you get the little things we take for granted and never appreciate in full, what little thing has made you smile today?

for me is was Plus.net my ISP, I get this every month and never appreciate it compared to other companies I deal with

but every month I get a little Email telling me "advance notice of payment" letting me know the direct debit is coming out soon, it's never a problem as I know when every direct debit leaves my account but no other company sends me advance notice of payment unless the amount varies. (eg phone bill) but this little automated thing kinda makes me feel they care compared to other companies who'd not give two shits bout letting their customers know.

so what little thing made you smile today? if business related or a good customer service experience the better if not anything?

Comments

• Options
    my clitoris
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    my clitoris

:lol:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    my clitoris

That makes me smile as well but I did say little things and it isn't so little ;)

Sorry j/king, i'll go now:wave:
  • Options
    Waking up to a sunny morning, especially in summertime.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    omg at this whole thread! :crazyeyes

the little things that have made me smile today ... my daughter smiling at me, a kiss from my husband, missy the cat not being sick ... NOT my internet provider.
  • Options
    omg at this whole thread! :crazyeyes

the little things that have made me smile today ... my daughter smiling at me, a kiss from my husband, missy the cat not being sick ... NOT my internet provider.

really, whos your ISP (dont mind me asking) and aww bubbies smiling are the best, how old is she?
  • Options
    I smiled today when I was in a really long queue in the post office and there were loads of annoyed customers, all I wanted was to get home after work. There was a man in a wheelchair with both his legs missing, he was chatting with someone in the queue and it became apparent he had lost them at war. Anyway it was his turn to be served and he turns to his mate and shouts nice to see ya etc..... then he's like yeah and don't forget I want a pair of uggs for christmas. They laughed and then he said yeah I wont be asking you to do my toenails again.

Made me smile, at first you might look at that man and feel sorry for him but his attitude was amazing, the things he was talking about with his mate and his positive outlook was brilliant. He was also talking about his charity work, what a guy.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hellfire wrote: »
    really, whos your ISP (dont mind me asking) and aww bubbies smiling are the best, how old is she?

I have no idea who it is - zen?

She is 4 months now. Time has really flown by!
  • Options
    I have no idea who it is - zen?

She is 4 months now. Time has really flown by!

Awww 4months is the best, not big enough to escape but not too small you get scared they'll snap in your hands, well I felt like that with my bear claws like excuse of a pair of hands.
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I smiled today when I was in a really long queue in the post office and there were loads of annoyed customers, all I wanted was to get home after work. There was a man in a wheelchair with both his legs missing, he was chatting with someone in the queue and it became apparent he had lost them at war. Anyway it was his turn to be served and he turns to his mate and shouts nice to see ya etc..... then he's like yeah and don't forget I want a pair of uggs for christmas. They laughed and then he said yeah I wont be asking you to do my toenails again.

Made me smile, at first you might look at that man and feel sorry for him but his attitude was amazing, the things he was talking about with his mate and his positive outlook was brilliant. He was also talking about his charity work, what a guy.

Wow, people like that suprise me and I have so much admiration for them, he must have a lot of strength to be able to be like that.
  • Options
    A little thing that makes me smile is seeing a patient who we had on our unit for a year come walking back in all happy and smiles :yes:

And actually having the work you do appreciated...as a nurse it's pretty rare. People are quick to criticise!
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    A little thing that makes me smile is seeing a patient who we had on our unit for a year come walking back in all happy and smiles :yes:

that sounds great, I do hope they came walking back in for a good reason instead of returning to your unit, (sorry I have no idea what type of healthcare you do)
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    that sounds great, I do hope they came walking back in for a good reason instead of returning to your unit, (sorry I have no idea what type of healthcare you do)

Ha ha yeh it was a good reason, thankfully!

And I work in critical care :)
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Ha ha yeh it was a good reason, thankfully!

And I work in critical care :)

heehee my mummy in law is a Staff Nurse at a A&E on the island but another thing im appreciative for is the healthcare we get in this country and the fact people do the crappy jobs like NHS nursing, apparently you can get close to double in the private sector :O
  • Options
    Awkward lift silence brilliantly broken by someone farting... loudly.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Awkward lift silence brilliantly broken by someone farting... loudly.

haha check out "Man stuck in a lift with the runs" lmao hilarious video.
  • Options
    things that make me smile in life are those silly moments you have with friends, being a teenager so that means i have an excuse for having an attitude problem, private jokes and end of term food fights!! lol :)
  • Options
    when you have a call come in at work, and its for a part that isn't in stock, so you have to ring the customer and let them know and you think 'oh god here we go i'm gonna get moaned at' and they are really nice and have a joke with you etc. It brightens up my day :D (especially when it's like a Capt or Sgt Major and they are really cool ppl)
  • Options
    Occasionally I wake up to the warm summer mornings or take long wintery walks that allow me to see my breath float up and disappear, and I get that feeling of fulfilment that makes me smile as I allow myself to find the comfort in the vast landscape ahead of me that can pluck me out of reality and take me to my own little world where I can stay for as long as I like.

*coughs to break the silence*
  • Options
    ^ very deep!
  • Options
    When I get a human at the other end of the phone line that does more then read the script. I've had a couple of very helpful ones this week for work.
  • Options
    getting up early and having some time to myself for a quiet coffee and a read, before any children wake up
  • Options
    This little thing's been making me smile all week ;)
    IMG.jpg 64.9K
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »

squeeeeeeeeeee!

(I don't ever make that noise, but it is appropriate)
  • Options
    Double Squeeeeeeee
  • Options
    Double Squeeeeeeee

I'll second that.
  • Options

oh wow! congratulations.

sooooo many of the old-school members are having babies!
  • Options

Such an amazing picture, congratulations! :D
  • Options
    Perhaps I should post a picture of the little thing that makes me smile too?
  • Options

congrats kaff! chuffed for you :heart: :thumb: