Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting Over Him...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been going out with someone for about 5 months all together. We went out for three months, then he broke up with me but we got back together, and have been going out for two months.
The other day he broke up with me because we dont see each other allot.

Tbh, he has been an idiot to me allot. He said things that really hurt me, but I love him. Now we broke up again, I kinda understand nothing will happen with us again, or at least not for a while as he says he wants to be alone. He said he still loves me though...

But...I think he likes someone else. I dont know. I think he wants me to think he cares, cause he knows this will hurt me and doesnt want me to start self harming, as I have done in the past...

But..I really need tips on how to get over someone. I love him. And it's shit.
But I think I should move on, for both of us. :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Time old cliche of 'time' and spending that time with your friends. Cut off ties with him if that will make things easier. I think it will if you say he was an idiot to you a lot. It's just time hun, and each day will get easier. I went out with someone for 3 months and we broke up 2 months ago. I still think about him and sometimes get sad, but I'm overall happy, cos what you need to realise is it was for the best - if you didn't see each other much, and he was an arse to you. Plenty more birds in the sky. And birds are pretty :)