Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

thought she was the one...heartbroken now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok Ill keep this as brief as possible so you read til the end! :p

Boy meets girl off the net, talk for hours and hours each day. Meet up after a couple of weeks, get on like a house on fire picture perfect, spend night together, no sex just pulling.

In the morning she says "it was a mistake", and shes just come out of a long term relationship, shes not ready for anything and just be friends. We still spend the day together shopping cinema etc She has exams in 5 weeks and that we cant see each other until after and to have minimal contact.

During the 5 weeks I send a few texts and she usually replies although not like she used to and I can tell somethings up. But every now and again she sends a nice text so I don't know where I stand. One or 2 long phone calls which go well.

Exams finish I hear nothing, so I text her asking her out I had tickets for a show she says shes going out already, text again but no reply. A few days later I text her again seeing if she wants to do something says shes got interview and not at the mo. Then yesterday i text with tix for jingle bell ball she politely declines not really giving an excuse. I text back asking her whats changed, and instigate a huge text convo with her basically crushing me saying i should respect her feelings and her listing my faults and saying we never had anything to begin with (when in fact she was the one who used to say how special i was at the begin etc)

I know her ex is still contacting her and I dont think shes over her, and she also hates men and is very distrusting. Should I give up? There was a huge spark at the begin but something happened and I don't know how her feelings could have changed to easily! Its like shes trying really hard to fight me, but beneath that hard exterior theres something. Or maybe I'm just being really clingy :(

Comments

• Options
    sorry mate, but you were kissing for a few weeks, she then breaks up with you, and from the signs, it seems like she's not interested in you, move on, find someone else thats gonna be happy to spend time with you
  • Options
    I know her ex is still contacting her and I dont think shes over her, and she also hates men and is very distrusting.

This bit confused me but i might just be being stupid.

Yeah it doesn't sound like she is into you. You seem to text her a lot. But i would move on. :/