Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

s/h, why not do it for a week n then do it!!!! feel like failed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
Well i managed not to self harm since last wednesday and i thought that i could cope without it......but the stress of uni is just overwhelming atm - im seeing a study support worker atm and he is really pushing me with this essay that is due in next friday - i just know it is not the right way to cope but its the only way i can cope.
i just feel like i have failed - i only told my mental health liasion worker today that i had stopped.
but it always seem to bite me in the fuckin arse!!!!!
why can't i be a normal person??? im sick of all of my conditions and just wish i didn't have any problems!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest.

:crying:

Comments

• Options
    in the drug/alcohol rehab setting where I volunteer at sometimes, they always say, 'relapse brings you one step closer to recovery.'

don't feel bad that the behavior got the better of you, happens to the most of us. what's important is 1) you don't give up trying to kick the habit, and 2) find a different way to cope. I know, it's easier said than done. might i ask what other coping strategies you have tried in the past other than self-harm?
  • Options
    i feel for you hunni
    i feel the same exspeicialy when trying to hide the scars and cuts and stuff but ive learned hoe to cover thm up

the 1 thing ive learned in life is t to keep puching your self and make goals tht u want to acchieve and do it x
  • Options
    in the drug/alcohol rehab setting where I volunteer at sometimes, they always say, 'relapse brings you one step closer to recovery.'

don't feel bad that the behavior got the better of you, happens to the most of us. what's important is 1) you don't give up trying to kick the habit, and 2) find a different way to cope. I know, it's easier said than done. might i ask what other coping strategies you have tried in the past other than self-harm?

Hi,
    ive tried to hold ice and elastic bands. Also, i try to distract myself like going out for a walk or phoning a friend but just lately nothing is helping to stop the stress...i know its cause ive got an essay due in but my study skills worker is really pushing me and its getting too much to be honest.
    Not sure what to say to him as he is working with my best interests at heart but i just feel that im not good enough....
    sorry for the moan.
  • Options
    i feel for you hunni
    i feel the same exspeicialy when trying to hide the scars and cuts and stuff but ive learned hoe to cover thm up

the 1 thing ive learned in life is t to keep puching your self and make goals tht u want to acchieve and do it x

heya,
    thanx for the reply. ive tried things like that but it just doesn't seem to help me at all - not sure how to cope with it anymore.
    its getting too difficult.
  • Options
    Surely the fact that you are annoyed at yourself for s/h and that you lasted for a week without it should give you the confidence that you can beat it. Next time try to go maybe eight days without or if you must s/h then set yourself very specific limits
    The desire to want to change is a massive step, dont sell yourself short
    xx
  • Options
    Hi, sounds like you've got a lot going on at the moment but you are getting there. use the support worker, that's what they are there for. try to find time to relax, you time. take it one day at a time, you'll get there.
  • Options
    Hey. I understand how hard it is to stop s/h. try not to feel guilty about it because that guilt can trigger more negative feelings that could later lead to s/h again. just try to not s/h for maybe a week and half and then add more time gradually. its okay if you dont succeed at first. think of it as you just took one step back but 2 more forward afterwards ;)
  • Options
    heya,
    thanx for the replies. I spoke to my m/h worker about it n she said it is ok to do it as it diminishes the chances of seriously hurting myself like OD. n then can work on how to stop it later on - i was panicking n my mood getting lower as i was trying to just stop n didn't have any other way in which i could cope.
    hope everyone is ok
  • Options
    Hey flower123. How are you doing with the s/h dilemma? are you doing better?
  • Options
    heya momo,
    well im s/h alot more than i used to but ive been having bad thoughts of suicide so it is a way of making sure that i won't do anything worse if you get me.
    i want to stop but yeh its just not going to happen at the moment.
    how are you doing? x
  • Options
    hey. ya i get you about the s/h being better then suicide. i know, i've been there. and its ok if you feel like its not time to stop. i've been s/h for 2 years now and i've tried a lot of times to stop but it wasnt right.

today marks my one month anniversary of not cutting so im proud of myself. im afraid that i might start again though.

hang in there. you are not alone
    :)
  • Options
    heya,
    well done for not s/h for a month - sorry not been on here recently...av bin feelin like shit....and internet is messin about.
    xx :)
  • Options
    well done for not sh for a while its a hard job i know i have sh for 2 years on and off
  • Options
    Hey Flower123 :wave:

How are you feeling at the moment? Sorry to hear you've been feeling low. Keep posting to let us know how you are. :)
  • Options
    Hi Gail1 :wave:

Welcome to Thesite's discussion boards, this is a really supportive community. You may want to start your own thread if you feel you want to tell us anymore about your self-harming? Or indeed, about anything you might want to talk about.

Take care :)