Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Constant problems are ruining my sex life!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I'm in a loving relationship with a guy. We used to have great sex but the last month or so it's all gone a bit crap because my body has gone haywire.

It started off with a full on head cold a month and a half ago where I couldn't move, which then triggered a dental abscess that led onto antibiotics that caused the worst case of thrush I have ever had. To the point I was bleeding and was in utter agony.

Luckily it eased off after a trip down to the clinic where we both got checked out and got the all clear.

The day I thought.. right... thank god... I can finally resume my normal sex life we went away for a weekend to London and because we arrived late we only got the chance for a quickie before we had to go and meet some friends, got back really late and fell asleep. Next day we had a full day so were up early no time for anything in the morning. We get back that night and I'm wound up tighter than anything and lo! and behold I've come on.

I've now been on my period for nearly three weeks. It's part and parcel of my contraception (Implanon) but I've never experienced this before. In fact I usually get a few days of spotting every few months but not a proper full on period.

My boyfriend won't do anything whilst I'm on, which is fair enough, but I'm getting SO frustrated. He's been really lovely about it and doesn't mind we've not had sex properly in over a month but I'm going absolutley mental.

Can anybody give me some tips to distract me from my excessive libido I'm currently suffering from. I can't sleep at night without having some sort of filthy dream and my boyfriend is finding it hilarious as I'm turning into an "utter pervert" and getting horny over the stupidest things (him licking the spoon when we baked a cake....*shakes head*)

Also anybody else on Implanon, what's the longest period of bleeding you've had since you've been on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Will he not let you do anything at all? Even to him? That might help a bit.

I sympathise. From the long period (my longest was ten weeks, at which point I said fuck this and stopped getting my injections) to the lack of sex (I went a whole year because of pain). It's not fun :(.
  • Options
    We had a chat about it last night and he's said he's willing to get over his ickiness because, as I said, this could be a normal occurence (I'm reacting very differently to this implanon than my last one).

I've been fooling around with him but he's been very... if you don't get to have that kind of fun, then why should I as well. Which I think is really sweet actually.

Just a right old pain in the arse. I woke up with a cold on Friday and my dental abscess has come back. I'm doing what I would usually do but am avoiding getting antibiotics again because of the agony I had last time.
  • Options
    aww thats proper shit *

when i had the implant i piled the weight on aswell
    thankgod im losing it
    but i never come on which was a blessing
    a hope you can get your absess sorted
    and you could atleast give him blowjobs or even a wank
    :)
  • Options
    anoo u havent put weight on i meant that was my problem lol