Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

friend's hen do!

one of my friends is getting married next year.

her hen do is in september and she wants to go abroad for it.

she has looked into it and she says it will probably cost us about £300 each before spending anything there. we would only be going away for the weekend. with spending money on top, i expect it will set everyone back about £400.

is it me or is that quite alot to ask? i can't help but feel as though it is. i'm quite happy to spend the cash (im not a cheap skate! haha) but i dunno, it just seems like alot to expect her friends to afford.

anyway, my question is, how much would you expect your friends to afford? oh, and how much would you be willing to spend on a friend's hen do/stag night?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not a lot for a holiday abroad but it's a lot for people to pay for a hen do.
  • Options
    yeah, no, its NOTHING for a holiday abroad but its not a holiday, its just a weekend. like 2 nights.
  • Options
    Thats nuts. You crazy Brits :p A Hen night is just going out and getting hammered at local bars with giant penis necklaces! I'd never be that good of friends with somebody to spend that kind of cash :p
  • Options
    I would be a bit miffed, particularly since basically everyone is short on cash at the moment, but if you're happy to do it then I wouldn't make a big deal out of it unless she gets pissed off that other people can't afford it (which will more than likely happen).

I'm intrigued as to how it could possibly cost that much just for a weekend though :/.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I would be a bit miffed, particularly since basically everyone is short on cash at the moment, but if you're happy to do it then I wouldn't make a big deal out of it unless she gets pissed off that other people can't afford it (which will more than likely happen).

I'm intrigued as to how it could possibly cost that much just for a weekend though :/.

well, she's my friend. i'm not going to make a big deal out of it as it will upset her. she is the sort of person who will get pissed off if people can't come/afford it unfortunately hence why im asking for people's opinions as i can honestly see people turning around and saying no :|

as for the price, i've not had a look myself but any weekend abroad can easily cost that much when you've got flights to pay for, etc. it depends where you are going. she might be able to get the flights much cheaper nearer the time, who knows :chin:
  • Options
    £400 is not an outlandish figure especially as she has given everyone a lot of notice - September is a good 9 months away so whilst it is a lot to spend on a hen night I dont think its an outlandish figure - Blackpool is very popular for hen and stag nights and its starting to cost £300ish per head

That said, do not feel bad if you have to tell her that you can't come with her, if she was that bothered about everyone coming she would be paying for everyone! :p
  • Options
    £300 is pretty steep for a weekend away. I wouldn't pay it. I was invited on a hen weekend abroad for £170, and i told the bride i couldn't afford it. Luckily she wasn't a bridezilla, and was ok with it. She ended up having a night out locally as well, because so many people didn't go.

I'm not a fan of elaborate hen dos. Mine was thoroughly low key :thumb:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Olive wrote: »
    £300 is pretty steep for a weekend away. I wouldn't pay it. I was invited on a hen weekend abroad for £170

I've been on 3 hen-dos abroad and £170 is closer to the figure I've paid for all of them - £300 is closer to what I had paid in total for the whole weekend after meals and nights out etc. If you fly easy jet or get eurostar in advance and then get a good deal on appartments/hotel then it's well possible.

You know where you're going?