Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

well getting help now :( (bulimia)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well thanks for some of your replys much appreiated

i have now told 1 of my trusted person i no
which has been a massive achievement and feel great but i cant speak about it face to face
i am at the doctors tomorow about it but still really scared
and EMBARRESED i feel ashamed that something i had total control over
has got out of control
and my stomach is contantly sore like ive got a contant stitch

need a little assurance tht i can do it and succeed in getting help :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Well done for telling someone...It's really..Hard thing to do.
    I never told anyone when I was going through it all but...Now I have because well, people found out by accident.

I'm sure you'll do great :)
  • Options
    its been going on for years but this year it just got out of control
    my boyfreind has been wanting to get help becuase he found out but i begged him not to tell any 1

all i want now is to be happy and be free from constantly thinkn about food .........
    and leave all my other problems behind me when i move to my own place and start fresh as ME not obseesed with food me
  • Options
    Hey advice Confused :wave:

What a huge achievement - you have done so well to tell someone about how things are for you at the moment. That is one of the first and biggest steps that you will have to take on this journey. It sound's like your main goal is to move forward from your obsession with food and be happier in yourself. This, along with the great feeling that you have from sharing your problem is something to focus on, particularly if you are feeling scared and embarrassed when you go to see your Doctor tomorrow.

Seems like with the trusted person you have told, your boyfriend and with support from places like here and your GP, you have a good network to tap into for advice and support.

Seeing your GP is definitely the advised action to take, as they can hopefully talk to you about what options and next steps you can take.

Please let us know how you get on. Good luck and take care -
  • Options
    wow
    i never thought how helping and supportive doctors were
    i am so proud of myself which is a weird feeling

but supposivly my problem is a shadow of underlining problems that its the way i feel and the way ive been brought up
    like having an alcholic mam so he said
    everything you have done and been threw is the problem and when i get help sorted he says you will feel strong enough to cope and fight my bad habits
    my boyfreind has been a massive inspiration for me hes just the best person i know
    so im back at the doctors to sort a plan of treatments and councilling
    :) smilling face for once :)
  • Options
    Brilliant news advice_confused! Keep that positive feeling!:)