Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is she just being friendly?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
soooo. I'm not sure what good will come of this but I'd like to get some opinions! (also it's slightly long, sorry)

There's a girl I met at uni last year, and quite soon I realised that I liked her - I found her really sweet, but also deliciously sarky and incredibly cool, and I really enjoyed being around her and talking with her. Then another girl came along, and we sort of fell into a relationship for a few months, so I just remained good friends with the first girl.

That relationship didn't work out - we were really pretty ill-matched - and now as I start my second year at uni I'm starting to see the first girl more often, and I'm falling for her all over again.

But I'm kinda stuck. I'm not sure at all how she feels. When we meet she makes quite a lot of eye contact with me, and smiles at me, and touches me on the arm occasionally - all the "traditional" signals. But I asked my mutual friend about it, and she said that she's like that with most of her friends, so I can't be too sure about that.

We went on a sort of date (just wandering about in town doing a bit of clothes shopping/lunch) and I really enjoyed spending time with her, but when I asked her a week or two later if she wanted to go for a meander about the park one day she floored me with the one answer I hadn't expected: "Oh, you mean with the others?" and I couldn't quite bring myself to answer "well, no, actually, I just want to be alone with you".

If I'm honest my gut feeling is that she's just being friendly and I'm reading way too much into it, but there's just these weird little things that crop up, like me catching her staring at me, or just her leaning herself against me for no reason. Should I tell her how I feel? Ask her on another date, or have I been politely declined already?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yea, just do it. Ask her what she thinks about you two being together, because you think it would be swell and await her answer.