Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why does he ignore me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met this guy at work, he has been talking to me not really conversations, just saying "hi/hows it going" stuff like that. So out of no where he asks me to hang out with him one night, I said yeah, we got to know each other more and I thought it went pretty well. After that we still talked a bit and I started texting him a bit which he always replyed asking what i was doing that day or the next, but now at work he dosent even talk to me or says hi.... he walk right by me and doesn't say a word to me. So I as well have not talked to him. has he lost intrest out of nowhere? it's just weird because he always said something at least a hi.. so what do you guys think? help?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he wants to concentrate on work at work, and not have office rumour going around.
  • Options
    yeah sounds like hes lost interest
  • Options
    Is he still texting you? You could try talking to him instead and gauge his reaction. He could have something going on in his personal life that has changed his mood slighly, i know when im having a hard time i avoid guys i like and have been flirting with so i dont take it out on them. Or if your not starting any conversations or asking him to hang out he may think your not as interested as you are.

Id say wait and see and try and make an effort to start conversation with him. If he's still distant then perhaps its a lost cause.

ok so today was a weird day.... when I started work I was walking with a friend and ran into the guy he ignored me like always and said hi to her, when I went on my break later I went outside to talk on the phone so he comes by (his on the phone as well) he opens his arm and asks for a hug so I hugged him, ok sooo what does all this mean??
  • Options
    purified wrote: »
    ok so today was a weird day.... when I started work I was walking with a friend and ran into the guy he ignored me like always and said hi to her, when I went on my break later I went outside to talk on the phone so he comes by (his on the phone as well) he opens his arm and asks for a hug so I hugged him, ok sooo what does all this mean??

he has schizophrenia. That's probably it. Don't bother.
  • Options
    that is weird. i certainly wouldnt be giving out any hugs if hes then ignoring you the rest of the time.
    the guy sounds like a bit of a headfuck
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe he just doesn't want anyone else in there to know anything "special" is going on, and he only does when you're off work or outside where no one from inside can see?
    I'm not speaking from experience or anything, just guessing. Here's a better idea: Why not ask?