Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

anti depressants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya,
i went to see my psychiatrist for the 1st time yesterday and she mentioned the possibility of goin on anti depressants again. So fed up as it will be the 3rd AD that i will have tried as well as an anti psychotic.
Has anyone been in this situation?? I just feel like i should do what they say so i can stay out of hospital.
Would be great to hear of any experience of this?!
thanks
jen
xx:impissed:

Comments

• Options
    Hey Flower,

I think i tried about 5 different ADs before i found the one that made my depression/anxiety better. They do say that you just need to find the one that works for your body. Obv it is up to you if you want to take it? do you feel you need it?
  • Options
    Heya,
    thanx for the reply. yeh i do think that i need to take them but im just a lil worried about starting on anuva tablet tis all. and i suppose that if i feel i need it then i shud take it i suppose
    xx
  • Options
    Which AD did they suggest?

I have BPD and take anti-depressants and anti-psychotics to deal with the symptons. Hmm I'm trying to think of something useful to say to you...
  • Options
    heya,
    she ain't suggested one yet she is waiting to get information from my last hospital. Just so she doesn't put me on tablets that ive already tried as i can't remember one of them. Whatever you say about BPD and how you cope with it is helpful. Ive only been diagnosed about 6/8 weeks and im still struggling to take it in 2bh
    xx
  • Options
    I'm in a full time therapy programme which is mentalisation based therapy so that's how I'm coping with it at the moment. Actually I just came off my medication but that's generally a bad idea and I'm bound to end up in hospital soon as a result. But medication is generally good (I mean the stuff your doctor prescribes for you of course). And if you get offered any other therapy/ support etc then I say take as much as possible that you get offered.
  • Options
    oh rite that makes sense. i just seem to be kinda lost in the system. yeh lol. i just think that i have to be careful for example if i get angry with people then they may like take me to c psycs. it just seems to the bain of my life atm. im gona take everything that i get offered.
    x
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I'm in a full time therapy programme which is mentalisation based therapy so that's how I'm coping with it at the moment. Actually I just came off my medication but that's generally a bad idea and I'm bound to end up in hospital soon as a result. But medication is generally good (I mean the stuff your doctor prescribes for you of course). And if you get offered any other therapy/ support etc then I say take as much as possible that you get offered.

Just to update this that I'm couldn't take it so I'm back on my meds now after only two or three days off them. I've decided meds are good.
  • Options
    Hi Flower123 :)

It's great to hear that you are seeing your psychiatrist and are willing to take the advice and support offered to you. That is a really positive step forward. Some of the information that we have on here about antidepressants may help you? Also the other pages under the 'treatment' section, may also be of interest as they suggest alternatives and also look at talking therapies too. Make sure you check out the right hand side of the pages - the 'next steps' and 'related articles' as they have some great links.

As has been said on your thread - ultimately it is your choice if you want to take the medication, and it is also your right to go back to your Doctor and let them know if the medication isn't working out for you. Remember though, that it can a few weeks before the medication has worked it's way into your system.

Good luck and keep posting. Take care - :)
  • Options
    Hi Harry,
    Thanx for the reply. The links are v.helpful thanx.
    :)
    x