Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

yet another post requesting advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:
i'm new, sorry if you have read this kind of post before and i can only apologise for my mid-post waffling.

i've known this girl for about 6 years or so, over the last 2 years we have gotten quite good friends. recently i've started having stronger feelings for her, i see her often, there is no end to text messages between the two of us and when we are out drinking (with our own separate circle of friends) we both end up asking where the other is and when we'll see each other etc etc. when we do meet up she is much more touchy feely but not over the top, and i'll continuously clock her looking at me if we are in a group of people and vise versa.

being the sort of person who doesn't want to miss opportunities i decided to tell her how i felt today and also asked her if at any point if she fancied doing something, but sadly only had the bottle to say it through the medium of text messaging.

she said that she doesnt want to ruin a friendship, which i understand completely and i value our friendship and believe it won't get ruined by this
i now don't really no what to do with myself

do i continue trying to win her over for a little while or do i just give up?

sorry for boring you all to death :blush:
Peace.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think people would be bored by this sort of question - because it happens to nearly all of us at some time or another. Certainly it happened to me.

In my 20's I had been good friends with a guy from my (seaside) hometown for a number of years. Parents were friends, etc., etc. Then one evening after BBQ on the beach with a group of friends we all ended up skinny-dipping ... and one thing led to another. No sex, just a lot of kissing and cuddling. Back in London, we started to see a lot more of each other and started sleeping together. It didn't last. Somehow, it just didn't feel quite right. We were immensely fond of one another, but not "in love". I can't even remember how we came to split.

The odd thing about it was that I am not sure that our parents even noticed the change in our relationship, and I'm not sure they know we were an item even now! We went to each other's weddings, though it has to be said we have rather lost touch since. Even so, as far as I know, we are still friends.

TBH, I'd mark this one up to experience and save the friendship.
  • Options
    tbh, if i was you, id carry on with the way everythings been. go with it..and if its meant to happen, it will :)