Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i dont know how to stop this (bulimia )

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im 18 and in a world of constant worrying about food and obsessing with how i look (weight wise )
i started out as a fat child because of some disabilitys i have
and as ive got older ive noticed i was bigger than other people when i was 14 i started to change my look to a nice trendy girlie girlie
now ive lost 2 stone since then and every 1 comments on how good i look but its not enough i look in the mirror and see a big discusting life which feel i shud of never been born to put up with the way i feel around food im at collage and all i will have is soup because its the easiest to vomit back up and when im home i dnt want nothing because im ashamed of eatn food im in a total situation were i feel i cant get out i have the perfect boyfreind who helps me he know a bout it but i told he no 1 can find out and hes told me he cant stand and watch me do this but i cant stop it now its if i eat food with him i feel horrible and cant keep it down my body rejects it now

i dont want to see a doctor because he will think im an idiot my freinds are even questioning why i disapear after meals and its getting harder to hide
my life evolves around food and cant take it no moree just wish i could stop it !!!!!!!!!!
any suggestions please
much appreicated

Comments

• Options
    re

Hey advice_confused,:)

It sounds like your having a rough time with eating, food and weight and from a young age. Here is some information on this site on eating disorders. which may help you make more sense of how your feeling and your relationship to food.

And with regard to your doctor, doctors or GP's are generally trained to deal with pretty much every condition you can think of, so if your feelings are around feeling embarressed around telling your doctor then try and see past that to the confidential support and guidance you can seek from your doctor to address your eating. if you have any other concerns about support and feel you want to share them then please feel free to do so here.

keep posting and good luck:wave:
  • Options
    heya,
    i know its difficult as i have had bulimia for about 8 months now. You really do need to go and see your gp so that they can refer you to the ed team - no one will think you are silly or anything. If you find it easier see a different gp maybe or go with someone that you trust. I got put in hospital as i stopped eating for 3 weeks and onlyhad 3 hot chocs a day and was purging that - you really don't want to go down that route. your bf is still there which means that he truely loves you.
    have you been on the b-eat website?? it is brill and you can talk to people who are going through the same things as you....trust me you won't feel alone in this.
    let me know how you get on. Good Luck. xx
  • Options
    hi thanks so much for posting a reply

and im deffo need to see someone since i posted this i have told one of my closest family freind whos going to support me when im at the doctors it took me soo much to even ask for her help as ive been independant for most of my life and i just thort that if i asked for help its actually there

whats the full link for that website b -eat thing

thankyouu again means alot
    x
  • Options
    Really great to hear you've taken a step to reach out for some support and acknowledged that it would be helpful to you and you deserve it!
    Let us know how you get on and take care
  • Options
    heya,
    its: www.b-eat.co.uk/fyp.
    hope that its helpful. there is also a youth line that you can ring and they are really helpful if you are feeling quite down or sumut.
    xx
    keep me posted huni xx
  • Options
    its a really difficult one to get over.
    Ive had problems with this on and off since i was about 16 and im 33 now.
    Sometimes I go through phases where its like it takes over and im doing it all the time, and then i have to be really strong and get some control back, because its no fun living like that. Other times i barely do it at all, or just dont do it.
    Unfortunately it always seems to come back, but the most important thing is to not let it take over, and to me, it sounds like it is for you.

Counselling may help, or CBT to try and get to the root of why you respond to food like this. What triggers you, and eventually to stop.
    There are other much better ways of maintaining your figure.
  • Options
    The best advice...

is to seek for medical attention. And not just any doctor, I have heard that bulimia is also a mind issue. And try to bring someone from your family, it works like charm. I just hope teens today will just stop being really concerned about the way they look, and start taking care of their body.
  • Options
    Doctors won't judge you - they are there to help you.