Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

We Want To Get Pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    jesus christ, just don't get pregnant by him.
  • Options
    Aside from everything i could say about you wanting to get pregnant at 15, and i'm sure everyone else will say it for me... but a 23 year old wanting to have a baby with a child? A 15 year old? How sick do you have to be?
  • Options
    you may think you'd be able to stay in school while raising a baby, but who'd be looking after your child while you finished your education?

You and your boyfriend dont even live in the same country at the moment, how do you know you've be able to stand each others company basically 24/7 while also bringing up and small, screaming child. How will you be financially stable?

Having a baby at 19 is very different to having one at 15, and bringing up a child is very different to looking after someone elses.
  • Options
    really really dont do it. Stay at school and finish your education
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    it must be very flattering to have an older adult be interested in you when youre so young. It must feel like he sees something in you that others dont see, how mature you are etc.
    The fact of the matter is that for your age, its a big big gap. He is an adult and you are barely adolescent. You are at different stages of life. This is why hes starting to think of settling down having babies etc, when you really shouldnt be thinking of that sort of thing for quite a few years yet, and he shouldnt even be putting those sort of ideas into your head.
    its a wonderfully romantic idea to have a baby with someone youre really into, but unfortunatly the reality is very different. Its a long distance relationship for a start. Youve got a huge age gap. Youre legally underage. You havent finished your education and it would be a real shame to give up on that since you say youre quite smart.
    Having children is really really hard. Take it from me. I have 3 and im more than twice your age. Its not a decision that you can make, and then if you dont like it you can change your mind. Thats it for life.
    Having a baby at 15 or 16 is an insane idea. Thats not what your youth should be all about.
  • Options
    he's not sick, and i'm insulted hat you would say so. does it not enter your mind that he might actually love me? because he does, and saying that is just mean. and i am not a child. i would be 16 when he comes to visit me which is old eough to legally ge married and start a family, so that fact is definitely not what i'm worried about.

I didnt mean to insult either of you and imply that he's some twisted paedophile. Just because the law says you can get married and have a family at 16 (which by the way, legally, you are still a child), and that your body has been ready since about 12/13, does that mean you should be throwing away your education, oppurtunities for life experiences, being free and independent?

Maybe try to look at this outside of yourself. Imagine your best friend, 15 years old, in love with a 23 year old from Ireland, who maybe barely ever sees him (I dont know, im guessing), who wants to start a family with him. Imagine you did have a baby and when she gets to 15 she wants to do the exact same thing? What would you say to them?
  • Options
    okay thank you for answering, i hear what you're saying but it's hard not to think that we could make it work, which i know we could.

of course from your point of view it seems like its going to work and be amazing and life will be perfect, but the problem is, even fully grown, fully emotionally mature adults cant always make it work, and not to be patronising, but at 15/16 theres still a lot of hormones flying about you, doing all sorts of crazy things
  • Options
    people do it. They do make it work if they have to.

There is a big difference between managing to make it work, and getting through the day ok, to actually having a good life and enjoying your days.
    Its the difference between a decent life and a miserable existence.

having someones baby will not make them stay with you. it will not make you more important to him in the long term.
    If he loves you, then he will wait. You NEED to wait.

Its cute to talk about the future and what it might bring. Thats ONE thing. But please dont rush it all forward before its necessary.
  • Options
  • Options
    But please don't think he's pressuring me, he's always said it's my decision.

At 23, he ought to be mature enough to be trying to talk you OUT of the idea!

Sorry, hun, but this is a BAD idea.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

okay i understand what you are saying, but i just want it so badly, i can barely sleep thinking about it. i know i'm being stupid, but i just don't know how to not want it >.<
  • Options
    he has tried to talk me out of it, but he can see how much i want it and he says he just wants to make me happy >//////<

Well, it takes two to make a baby and if he really cares about what is best for you, he won't allow you to fall pregnant.

As a mater of interest, did you grow up in a home where your every need was supplied? Did you get all the latest clothes, toys etc and lots of pocket money? ((This is a serious question))
  • Options
    okay i understand what you are saying, but i just want it so badly, i can barely sleep thinking about it. i know i'm being stupid, but i just don't know how to not want it >.<

I think its natural for burgeoning young women to feel like that. You aren't feeling more than most other girls do at your age. You are a 'baby factory' after all. But most understand that they need to gain a good eductaion, job etc before they bring a new life into the world.

Remember, your baby only stays small for a short while. In a few years, it will be a brat and maturity is required here to ensure that you can cope with it accordingly.
  • Options
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I think its natural for burgeoning young women to feel like that. You aren't feeling more than most other girls do at your age. You are a 'baby factory' after all. But most understand that they need to gain a good eductaion, job etc before they bring a new life into the world.

Remember, your baby only stays small for a short while. In a few years, it will be a brat and maturity is required here to ensure that you can cope with it accordingly.

okay i understand that maybe we should put it off for a while, but its just hard not to keep thinking about it and wondering what it would be like >.<
  • Options
    i would be 16 when he comes to visit me

This quote makes me wonder...

Have you actually met this man yet?

If he lives in Ireland and you live in England, how exactly is he your boyfriend?
  • Options
  • Options
    not in person, but we talk over the phone every day and we've talked over webcam before as well. and he is my boyfriend because he loves me and i love him, and please don't be judgemental and say that we can't possibly love each other, because we do and i don't doubt it for a second.
    Oh honey, no :no:.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt right up til this post. I know it's absolutely possible for this kind of relationship to be genuine (it's rare, but possible) but if you haven't met him you have NO IDEA who he really is. Webcams don't show you who a person is, just what they look like. He could well have string of young girls just like you all believing the same thing.

Please don't think about getting pregnant by someone you've never met until you've met and spent a LOT of time with him. You may think you love him but the truth is you love the idea of who you believe that he is. That won't change until you've met him properly and had a PROPER relationship.

You have your whole life ahead of you. Babies shouldn't even be on the horizon yet.
  • Options
    its a really bad idea, but it sounds to me like youre going to find that out the hard way.

You need to live together for a while before you even think about having babies.
  • Options
    I'm not going to waste my time telling you that you don't love him. I don't believe you can love someone you've never met, but I'm not going to argue with you about it. Half the time when people are head over heels in love, especially when it's their first love, they are actually in love with the idea of the person and with the idea of being in love. The actual object of that love is irrelevant.

But look. The point is, you hardly know each other. You've got no idea what kind of a husband or father he would make, or even whether he's really boyfriend material. Slow down, take it easy, what's the hurry to race ahead to babies when you haven't even kissed him yet?

And no matter what you may think, blinded by infatuation as you are... it is a bit dubious that a 23 year old man is spending his time chatting to 15 year olds on line and mentally planning to impregnate them. Why can't he get a woman his own age? In his own town?
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    You may think you love him but the truth is you love the idea of who you believe that he is. That won't change until you've met him properly and had a PROPER relationship.

You have your whole life ahead of you. Babies shouldn't even be on the horizon yet.

Spot on. Nail on the head. Etc.

Please take our advice - we're older and a tiny bit wiser, and most of us have made these mistakes before you so we know what we're talking about.
  • Options
  • Options
    why are you asking our advice?
  • Options
  • Options
    but i can just tell, simple as that. i know it's rare, but it's possible and i know it's true. and no offense to him, but he's just not the kind of guy to do that. he's no stud, lets put it that way :P
    By "this kind of relationship" I meant the age gap. The fact that you haven't met him means you really do have no idea the kind of person you could be, and really you'd be surprised. A guy I was with (who also, looking back on it, was hardly the most attractive (and yes I know you're reading this and no I don't care)) took advantage of a string of girls when I was your age. I believed that it would all be roses and happy endings but it all came crashing down on my head and it completely ruined me for a long long time. And I met him, and spent time with him, and all the stuff you haven't done with this guy.

All anybody is saying is be careful and don't let the idea of being in love cloud your judgement.
  • Options
    You're broody, that's what you are. I get broody all of the time but the sensible part of me says it's the wrong time for me to have a child like it is for you. I'm 10 years older than you but don't feel in the right position to have a child. Live your life and have fun, as well as get an education before even thinking about having a child.