Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

skipping college because of a cold?

Yeah, well basically over this weekend and even now i feel like utter crap because of this cold, like utter shit.. so basically i was wondering if colleges would class a cold as a decent excuse to be off..

Ideas?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Probably not. Its up to you why you stay off, but if your college is anything like mine, you only get like 3 authorised absenses a year, so i would use them wisely, even though its hard to tell when your going to get ill!
  • Options
    I would if I didn't feel up to being in college. But always inform the college in the morning. It's not really up to them to decide whether you're ill enough. Colds can make you feel pretty horrible at times especially if you have a fever.
  • Options
    Crikey, things must have changed. I skived loads in my first year, without a bad word. Yet didn't have a single day off in the second...
  • Options
    Say you have suspected swine flu and have been told to stay at home until the test results are back...
  • Options
    It's best to stay off than go in and spread it round to everyone else!
  • Options
    Yeh, with something like a cold,if you feel reaaaally shite, it's better to take even just one day off to let your body rest completely, and speed up the healing process. i hope you feel better!