Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

im ALWAYS tired

i honestly don't know whats wrong with me.

im always tired.

i get plenty of sleep, get plenty of exercise and eat healthy foods.

could there be a reason for this? its really annoying me. i feel like an old woman!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't sleep much anyway... so I'm not much help!

Do you wake up to an alarm on mornings? If you do, set it 15 mins early and lay in bed, awake for 15 mins. I think it's better to wake up slowly than to just jump out of bed.

Or maybe you are doing too much! Have a rest? And eat lots of fruit :-)
    X
  • Options
    Tired, cold... time for a blood test! ;) Not to be rude but with some things in your past it might be worthwhile to get some things checked out... (I'm thinking mainly of the thyroid but it could be many other things)
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same but I always have been. I think it's just how some of us are made, when I was young I use to ask if I could go to bed at like 5pm :yeees: I came home from work yesterday and had a nap for over an hour then slept for 10 hours last night!

If you're down it can make you tired, or perhaps it could be your thyroid of if you've had loads going on it might be slowly catching up on you if you've not had as much sleep as normal or something.
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    5pm

I wish! OOhh I had 4 hours sleep last night :grump: I'd love to just sleep...
    X
  • Options
    I also think a blood test might be a good idea, if you eat right and sleep right and exersize right and you are always tired it could be anything from sinuses to diabetes so its a good idea to go and have it checked!
  • Options
    it could just be the stress of starting a new job, hope it subsides soon!
  • Options
    do you get enough iron? being anaemic and having low blood iron levels can make you tired all the time.
  • Options
    do you get enough iron? being anaemic and having low blood iron levels can make you tired all the time.
    :yes: reminds me of that BUPA ad :)
  • Options
    I went to the doctor because I was always tired and I kept passing out and stuff, and he was like, get more sleep, when I get plenty.

Just get a blood test methinks, it's the easiest thing to do.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    i honestly don't know whats wrong with me.

im always tired.

i get plenty of sleep, get plenty of exercise and eat healthy foods.

could there be a reason for this? its really annoying me. i feel like an old woman!

I know this is a gross question, but are your bowel movements regular? And do you drink enough water?
  • Options
    no they aren't. i haven't been in about 8 days now but thats my stomach for you. its fucked and probably is for life.

and yes, i drink plenty of water and before you say it, eat plenty of fibre :p
  • Options
    8 days is a very long time. Talk to your doctor about it, as well as the feeling tired. :)
  • Options
    Bit of a late reply, I know, so you may have already been to the doctors and got it sorted.

But, I presume you're working shifts in your new job? It might be that you're still getting used to the unusual working hours. Especially if you aren't used to it working until 10pm or midnight can take it's toll in the beginning, as it's generally an unusual time to be so alert and active. It's also quite a mentally demanding job so this could also be part of it.

Hope you feel better
  • Options
    Mizz_pink wrote: »
    Bit of a late reply, I know, so you may have already been to the doctors and got it sorted.

But, I presume you're working shifts in your new job? It might be that you're still getting used to the unusual working hours. Especially if you aren't used to it working until 10pm or midnight can take it's toll in the beginning, as it's generally an unusual time to be so alert and active.

nope. i haven't been the doctors. i haven't really had time.

yeah, im working shifts. its hard getting your body clock used to all the random hours. like, last week, i was working till 11pm/midnight. this week im in work at 7am then next week im on a mixture of lates and earlies. its IMPOSSIBLE to have a routine with my rota.
    Miss_pink wrote:
    It's also quite a mentally demanding job so this could also be part of it.

tell me about it, lol. i've done 4 weeks on the beat now and i feel as though my head is going to explode sometimes. the amount of stuff i've had to deal with/i've seen in 4 weeks has been a bit draining but im slowly getting used to it all, lol. i really enjoy the job. its just hard to switch off sometimes when you come home especially when you see something nasty :(

nikgary - as i said above, its impossible to have a routine around my job. i don't eat before i go to bed either. as for that 90 minute thing, where did you read that??? :confused:
  • Options
    I would recommend going to the gp's they will probably do a blood test just to make sure that they are ok. I went and found that i had hypothyroidism - that makes you feel tired especially.
    xx
  • Options
    nikgary wrote: »
    ...dubious information...

chortle
  • Options
    i've read that the other's have said to get your thyroid checked out. it is really worth it, as a really close family member was terrible cause of it and also several other things. she was prone to having unusual sleeping patterns, and sometimes she could last two days without sleep. if it has anything to do with your thyroid once you go to see your gp i wish you well, and even if it isn't. keep us posted on how your getting on once seen your gp etc. xx