Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Irrational involunatary reaction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

I was down the pub last night with my boyfriend and a couple of his work colleagues and the conversation turned to baby names, as the girlfriend of one of his workmates is heavily pregnant. I said I liked one name and my boyfriend said he didn't - or that he didn't mind the name itself, but he knew a girl of that name who he didn't like - or rather he did, but then he didn't. This suggested to me he was probably talking about an ex of some sort and it was weird, a real chill went down my spine.

What was all that about? I can't say it particularly bothers me and I don't actually know for certain that he was taking about a romantic entanglement anyway. I think I'm probably more bothered about the fact than when finally I've managed to think of a name that I really wouldn't mind giving a child in the dim and distant future it gets vetoed :grump: So why the cold shiver? Or am I just reading too much into it?

Comments

• Options
    Meryn wrote: »
    Or am I just reading too much into it?

This.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    This.
    :yes:
  • Options
    so what if it WAS the name of an ex?

There are plenty of names i dont like because of certain people being called them. Not just names of exes, but people who i hated at school etc,
  • Options
    so what if it WAS the name of an ex?

There are plenty of names i dont like because of certain people being called them. Not just names of exes, but people who i hated at school etc,

Oh I know, as I said I've no problem with it, I was just a bit freaked out by my physical reaction there to something so ridiculously petty. I don't like to think I'm a particularly jealous person...
  • Options
    well if its involuntary, what can ya do?

Who really likes to think of someone they love with someone else?

I dont think im particularly jealous, but ive had reactions like you say before